15. Sercets and Milkshakes.

Start from the beginning

So why was he best friends with a monster?

"Hey, you alright?"

Henry made me blink back into reality with a soft nudge to my shoulder.

"Yeah. Actually no, I just remembered that I forgot to make sure that your car was ready in Italy."

"Don't worry about it. I've noticed that something had been stressing you out these past months so right now I just want you to enjoy your ice cream." He smiled.

He had a great and pretty smile. But it wasn't infectious like Vincent's.

I turned my head from him and shoved a spoonful of my dessert into my mouth trying to shake any inappropriate thoughts of Vincent from my head. Ever since that night I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. Which was disturbing.

Nova noticed that something was bothering me but never asked which I was surprised about. She always tried to invade my space.

Like she was summoned, the clanking of high heels made their way to our booth. Nova wore a white tank top with a beige mini skirt. A matching beige sweater wasn't on her shoulders and it hung loosely at her forearms.

"I see something tasty." Nova slid in next to Kiana who's cheeks were crimson. Nova dipped her finger into Kiana's dessert and put it in her mouth.

"Delicious." She looked at Kiana and gave her a quick peck before turning her attention back to us.

"Nova, I thought you had work," I interrogated.

"She finally started answering my calls and I invited her," Kiana said casually. "I thought this would be a good time for all of us to bond."

"Bond?"

Nova and I said it at the same time which made a smile tug on both Kiana and Henry's lips.

"Of course. We're all going to be spending a lot of time together this year and I figured it would be great to get to know each other. Or do you think it's a stupid idea. It's stupid-"

"No," Nova cut her off and lifted Kiana's hand up to her nude colored lips. "It's an amazing idea."

I furrowed my brows in confusion as to what was happening in front on me. Nova and Kiana seemed to get extremely close over the past months and that worried me.

Nova was considered a player. I've known her for almost my whole life and I know her strategy. Reel them in, bone, and then leave them high and dry. She told me one time that she didn't have room for feelings considering all of the hate she had bottled up for Vincent.

I just didn't want to see Kiana hurt in Nova's game.

Nova took her eyes off Kiana when she saw me staring and cleared her throat.

"Where's Vincent?"

"Probably off working." Henry shrugged his shoulders and sipped the last of his milkshake.

"He does something else other than acting?" Nova pressed on.

What was she trying to do?

"Yeah." He looked at the three of us who were invested in his answer. "You guys don't know what else he does for a living?"

We all shook our heads even though two people at the table knew too well of what Vincent did. There's a possibility that Henry knew too. He was his best friend after all.

"He would kill me if I told you this, but he's a pharmacologist."

Is that his nice way of saying that he was a drug dealer?