twelve

"well, someone is up early and ready to go," kuroo said, his voice raspy and dry. he rubbed his eyes to see akaashi already dressed, slowly and methodically putting his accessories on to make sure everything matches.

the rays of the sun had barely passed by the curtain, it felt nice on akaashi's tall and handsome form - like an angel he stood, basking in the warmth of the sun and chirps of birds this beautiful morning. as if in slow motion, akaashi turned his head to the sleepy man on the bed and approached him, his soft hand pressing against kuroo's cheek as he leaned in.

he leaned in... and whispered. "it's noon you dummy, you forgot your alarm clock", before placing a cheeky kiss on kuroo's cheek and springing back to action. kuroo shot up in his bed, eyes now wide before he looked at the clock, the arrow ticked slowly only telling kuroo it was already 12:06.

"shit! how did i forget!" he jumped out of bed, akaashi burst into a laughing fit seeing kuroo struggle to make sense of his surroundings. "why didn't you wake me up?"

"i tried to, many times. but all the times i tried, you would grab me, pull me into a cuddle, and fall right back to sleep" akaashi spoke.

"that... i cannot deny i didn't do, i probably did... it's good i have no plans today" kuroo sighed in relief, slumping his body back onto the bed before taking another look at akaashi. 

his legs were wrapped in nice cherry-colored trousers with a black belt around the waist, into the trousers a nice black shirt was tucked in, not too tight, not too loose. on his shoulders a jacket, which he might not even need, on his feet a pair of nice sneakers that don't stand out and ruin the outfit - a good date outfit if kuroo had to say so himself.

"oh... it's your date with kenma today, right?" kuroo asked, his eyes now fixated on the rings on akaashi's long fingers. oh, what he wouldn't do to feel them running now his back once again.

"yeah, i might not come back tonight. kenma wants me to come over and stay" akaashi shot kuroo a quick smile.

"i'm not surprised, you said you would give him twenty-four hours after all" kuroo chuckled.

"yeah yeah, i'm pretty excited. i don't think i have ever spent time with kenma like this, we have so much to do" a smile crept on akaashi's face, a genuine one. a date with kuroo was nice, he knows kuroo so he knew there would not be any problems, plus, being around kuroo makes him feel safe - he knew it would go smoothly.

a date with kenma? unknown territory, something he cannot predict. it could be calm, it could be dangerous, it could be anything - he does not have the same knowledge of kenma that he does of kuroo - which makes learning about him even more exciting.

"well, don't forget to text me so i know you are okay" kuroo chuckled watching akaashi add the finishing touches to his outfit before checking for his phone and wallet.

"yes yes, no worries!" akaashi quickly sprinted towards kuroo, stopping in his tracks right before crashing into him, he placed another kiss on his cheek before whispering, "see you tomorrow", and disappearing behind the door. 

the sun that was previously shining was now hiding behind a cloud and it didn't seem like it would come out any time soon, which was a bummer but nothing could bring akaashi's mood now. his mind went over all of the possibilities of the date while he was on the bus, while he walked down the street and even when a hand pulled on his jacket.

"ahem!" someone cleared their throat behind him and akaashi turned around with glee to see kenma standing there, looking as adorable as ever. they exchanged 'hi's and hello's, gave each other a strong hug before taking a step back and exhaling deeply.