eighteen

there was a moment of silence in between when akaashi pressed the doorbell and when he heard clattering on the other side of the door, hushed whispers, snickering, and footsteps getting closer. if someone was trying to be sneaky, it wasn't working out for them well.

"uhh, uhm, who is it?" a voice on the other side of the door spoke, clearly joking around. akaashi just stood there, silent as a rock, thinking "hey, you know what would be funny? if i just left, right now? just straight up got into the elevator and just left, but who would do that to his boyfriends? who.... i know who. me, i would do that."

and with that glorious thought he turned around and started heading for the elevator. honestly, he felt like he was acting a bit mean, i mean, all it took was one incompetent professor to ruin his entire mood. no point taking our feelings out on your boyfriends, but at the same time - they know how you feel, just let him in and comfort him.

there was yet another moment of silence in between akaashi pressing the elevator button and the someone swinging the door open in panic. "wait, wait, wait, come in" kuroo said as he rushed out into the hallway, grabbing akaashi's wrist to drag him into the penthouse.

"kinda iconic, not gonna lie. material girl." kenma spoke to which both akaashi and kuroo raised their eyebrows.

"you're speaking a language i cannot comprehend, my dear" akaashi said before he released a long sigh. 

"looks like someone needs a good rant, some warm tea, a massage and a kiss" kuroo said as he wrapped his arm around akaashi's waist, pulling him closer to himself. "it's me... i need that"

akaashi scoffed, getting out of kuroo's grip and placing the grocery bag on the couch. "so many things happened today, i just..." his words trailed off as he sighed again. it wasn't even that bad of a day, just people kept annoying him and annoying him.

"well? tell us! the only thing you texted was that you feel like murder is an option but nothing more" kenma said. he approached akaashi, cautiously, and put his hand on his back, rubbing it slightly. "and while i agree that yes, murder is indeed an option, i feel like we are missing a few points there"

"so first, i wake up and i'm late. i'm never late. i have never been late. but this morning? sure!" akaashi began ranting, around this moment both kuroo and kenma realized that they will be here for a while and so, they sat down, waiting for akaashi to sit down as well. "so i rush out to university and guess who i fucking meet on the way! iwaizumi. which wouldn't be a problem but he is sort of a self-designated course president and i have yet to submit some shit to him so he interrupted me."

"wow, how could he?" kuroo faked a shock but that didn't seem to phase akaashi.

"so then, i go to that stupid lecture and finally i'm happy, i'm good - the professor is gonna tell me about my work! and guess what he does. first of all, he didn't even check it. second, he just took it and glanced at it and immediately found, like, mistakes, which weren't even mistakes because he didn't read it properly!" akaashi confituned going on.

"wait isn't that the same prof who, like, made a student fail the entire course because he lost their work and refused to admit it?" kuroo chimed in.

"yes! that's the same guy! so yeah, after that i ran into some other annoying people like a a guy who cannot take a no for an answer and keeps fucking asking me out!" to these words both kenma and kuroo tensed up.

"who?" kuroo asked.

"names." kenma added.

"no worries. seriously. and then finally, i saw... bokuto at the grocery store." akaashi finished, his voice getting quieter towards the end. bokuto was still sort of a taboo topic, not like akaashi hated him, he could understand his side a bit as well - being influenced and afraid, doing anything to keep your reputation - but kuroo and kenma were yet to accept this.