five

"the first years' party?" kuroo asked as he watched akaashi rummage through his clothes.

"yeah, i was invited. you not going?" akaashi turned to his roommate who was busy reading song lyrics on his laptop.

"nope. i was invited too, but kenma wants to meet up with me. it's hard to find time for him to hang out so i go whenever i can", kuroo sighed loudly. "ever since he started streaming it's been hard to find time for us"

"awh, look at you, such a great boyfriend!", akaashi smiled at kuroo, who returned it with a scoff. "i understand though, what you mean"

"i wish i had a boyfriend, but at this point, i will settle for anything" akaashi finally ripped a sweatshirt out of the closet, one that he had been looking for. kuroo raised an eyebrow at his statement but made no attempt to question it. he had only known akaashi for a few days, but he could see that akaashi was looking for a relationship.

"so, you're going to the party to catch yourself a fish?" kuroo wondered.

"yeah, basically. if i don't get laid tonight, we will have problems. i have my eyes on someone" akaashi stripped to his underwear, catching kuroo off-guard. the other couldn't help but stare at akaashi's body - it was... really nice. nicer than kuroo wanted to admit it was - he turned his head away in shame, disappointed in himself. how could he stare at another man's body when he had a boyfriend of many years?

"e-eyes on who?" kuroo quickly changed the topic.

"this guy in my group has been looking at me like crazy. every time i turn to him, he is already staring. i think..." akaashi finally pulled the sweatshirt over his head. "i think he has a thing for me"

"well, i hope you get some, then," kuroo said, still avoiding looking at him. 

"i hope so too. wish me luck and have fun with kenma!" akaashi yelled as he ran out the door. he practically flew down the stairs as he rushed outside, looking for members of his group. they had agreed to go together. he spotted iwaizumi first, the reason for that was because he had been very vocal about not going and suddenly he shows up?

"dude wait up!" hanamaki yelled as he caught up with akaashi.

"oh, shit, what's up?" akaashi stopped dead in his tracks and waited for the other to reach him. hanamaki quickly fixed his extremely nice and probably expensive floral button-up and exhaled.

"can't believe iwaizumi is going to the party," he said. akaashi nodded in agreement. "also... let's get some tonight", hanamaki followed up and looked at akaashi with a smirk, he knew what was up.

"why do you think iwaizumi is suddenly going? he literally called everyone going an idiot in the group chat" akaashi wondered as they began approaching a group of first years.

"dunno, been hearing rumors that iwaizumi has a crush on someone in the sciences department" hanamaki answered, wondering about it himself. 

"i have my goals for today. take it slow, take it easy, flirt, and let someone hit" akaashi sighed, he had been thinking about it for a while now, and seeing kuroo in the dorm did not help his thirst. though, he kept his distance, knowing damn well not to ruin somebody else's relationship.

"same" hanamaki and akaashi both stopped by the group of people, all of whom greeted them with smiles. especially a few particular ones, who seemed to have a thing for akaashi. though, that wasn't unexpected. akaashi had already managed to build a name for himself, even if it was unintentional.

well, what can you do when you're such a baddie that everyone starts asking about you. "hey, you know what guy in the languages department?" was a question that flew around the department in a matter of a couple of days. the next thing akaashi knows is his number has become very valuable and hanamaki is trying to make some cash.

"you two look great" kiyoko suddenly said as she appeared out of nowhere.

"oh, thanks!" akaashi said, startled, as he turned to the woman behind him. "i mean, you look stunning too, holy shit"

"i'm trying to impress someone," she said before getting the strand of hair out of her face. "he's going to attend, for sure, and i am not missing a chance"

akaashi took a good look at kiyoko again, she quite genuinely looked better than anyone else that was going to the party. she had very nice black platform shoes on, making her even taller than she already was. her outfit was dominated by the color red, especially her top that had an amazing dragon print on it, not to mention the chains and various other accessories hanging around her pants.

"oh, i feel the same. if he doesn't attend the party i will personally hunt him down" akaashi whispered under his breath.

"so, are we going?" someone in the crowd said, chatter rolled through a group of first-years before they all started moving towards the other dorms. on one hand, akaashi was glad that the dorms were separated, but on another, it was quite annoying. imagine having a friend in a different department and having to walk through the entire campus to see them.

as they made their way towards the least guarded dorms, akaashi tensed up. he really wanted to get loose, but he also knew he had to stay conscious and not drink too much - he didn't trust the dorms yet. as they entered the so-called most dangerous dorm, akaashi finally understood what everyone meant by "least guarded".

usually, a dorm has a security guard - sometimes it may even have curfews, but this... the whole dorm was covered in graffiti, the first-floor windows were bared, apparently, a while back some gang members lived there. so now, even though renovated from the inside, this place reminded akaashi of a prison from the outside. music was already shaking the walls.

as akaashi entered with hanamaki and kiyoko by his side, he immediately found himself at place. everyone's eyes fell on him the moment he started walking down the hallway into a shared space where the heart of a party was. the closer he got, the more he felt himself, bobbing his head to the music and smiling - this was going to be a great night.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...

Imagine the tension at the dorm room with Akaashi and Kuroo who are both secretly trying to look each other.

Anyway, so, I hope you enjoyed. One more filler-backstory chapter and we will go to the regular ones.

Hatari.