Chapter 7: sweet memories

"Baby you got shot and thank god that it didn’t kill you."

“Who shot me?"

"Your brother!"

"What? How? Why? He’s supposed to be in the USA."

"You don't remember any of what happened?"

"No. tells me."

"Remember when you first came here and we met, and everything was amazing, but you didn't want to tell people about our relationship to make sure that no one from your family knows because dating is not a common thing back there."

"Yes I remember that. I would never forget the day I came to Australia and met you. I remember that I was wearing a navy colored casual dress when my plain arrived to Sydney's airport. it was a sunny day and I was waiting for you in the middle of the airport. I waited for a while, and then I thought that you might not come."

"Why did you think that I will not come babe?"

"Because i waited for long"

"I came in a taxi since i don’t own a car, remember! the roads were busy."

"Oh right. When you came to pick me up i became the happiest girl on earth and immediately jumped in your arms."

"Hahaha yeah, i remember that. Then i kissed your sweet lips."

"You were the first guy that ever kisses me. Are you going to tell me what happened to me or not?"

"i want to tell you, but id rather remember the lovely old days with you. What time is it now?"

"Almost 10 AM"

"Shoot! Im late for work! Bye babe."

Evan left, and left me with curiosity. I’ll try to figure some stuff out myself until he comes back from work. What were we both talking about? Oh my first kiss at the airport, I’ll never forget that! It was so passionate and lovely. After the kiss at the airport, i remember that he took me to eat then to his place to get some rest. After a few months of me being with him in Sydney, Australia, my university started and i had to move to live in the university dorm since its my first year and i was barely 18. I had more comfort sleeping in Evans arms, on his bed than in dorm. I told my new friends from university about my relationship with Evan, but i didn’t tell anyone from the Middle East about it back then. Its too risky to tell them. 

I remember when Evan got his job really well. He actually started working because of me! Last Christmas, I went back to Jordan to visit my family and friends there. Evan and I used to text a lot because we really missed each other. We were once texting while i was still in Jordan, and i noticed that he was awake texting me at 5 Am, which is weird because Evan usually wakes up at 10 Am. I asked about the reason behind his awakening, and he told me that he was awake because he was going to attend some classes to get a security license, in order to get a job in security. Evan is not the type of person that would want to work in security, thus i asked hem why he was doing that. He told me that he realized that im starting to get unhappy and that he had to do more effort to make me happier. In my mind i was like: Um Who said so?

I then told him that im always happy when im with him. He told me that he still felt that he needs to make more effort to please me. After he gets the job, he will start saving money to surprise me every once in a while. I was happy that he was putting thought into making me happier and that he cares about me, but i told him that if he ends up not liking it he shouldn’t continue doing it just for me. I would feel guilty then! When i came back from my family visit in Jordan, I was surprised to see the Michael kors watch i wanted on the bed with a letter.