Hiding

I sat on Damion’s couch and nursed the glass of wine in my hands. I chewed my bottom lip nervously. I had to tell him. I have to tell him… I sat the wine down, I wasn’t going to drink it, and I couldn’t. Damion’s deep voice cascaded down my body and I jerked upright. “This is the first time I’ve seen you deny a glass of wine. What’s wrong?” I glance up at him, I wanted to scream out my confession but I just couldn’t. I was too scared of his reaction, to scared of what would happen to us once the news was out. He sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close. He brushed a kiss against my temple and I gasped. He smirked, “What’s the matter?” I smile brightly at him, hoping he can’t tell that I’m faking it. “Nothing…I’m just feeling a little tired lately. Work has been a little overwhelming.” I’ve been working from home for a week straight. He nodded, “Don’t over work yourself, okay? Be careful.” I smile at him, a genuine smile. “Okay.” I lay my head on his shoulder and enjoy the warmth I feel in this moment.

He flipped through channels on the television before settling on a crime show. I feel my eyes growing heavier and heavier every second and I blink back the feeling.

I shouldn’t be tired; I haven’t done anything productive in days. But no matter how hard I try to fight off my fatigue I simply can’t and I close my eyes, unable to fight it anymore.

“Danielle?” I whimper at the sound of my name. “Hey, baby, wake up.” I suddenly feel a chill run down my spine at the loss of warmth against my skin. I groan before peeling my eyes open. Damion stares down at me with a grin on his face. “You’ve been asleep for hours. Are you hungry?” I sit up and I realize that I’m no longer on the couch but in bed. I shake my head at his question. I wasn’t hungry but I was thirsty, “No, I’m not hungry but some water sounds really good right now.”

He nods, “Alright. I’ll order take out just in case. You up for Chinese food?” I feel my stomach grumble and I shrug, “Sure, why not.” He gives me a quick peck on the cheek before walking out of the bedroom. I slowly crawl out of bed and head for the bathroom. I relieve myself and gingerly wash my hands and splash water on my face. As I stare at my reflection in the mirror my mind suddenly floods with the events of the last week. I feel on the verge of a panic attack when I finally leave the bathroom. I wipe at the invisible sweat on my arched brows and climb back into bed. I pull the covers up to my neck and before I can even blink I’m sleep again.

I feel warm…too warm, I’m hot. I wiggle around, trying to find space to breath. When I can’t seem to find a patch of coolness anywhere around me I groaned sleepily. I finally open my eyes and I find myself wrapped in Damion’s arms, the covers spread over our bodies. I take the time to look at his sleeping face and I can’t help but find him handsome.

I knew I had to tell him soon, before it became obvious; before I could no longer hide the fact that I was pregnant.

Though my body screamed for cool relief I snuggled against him. He grunted in his sleep and squeezed me tighter. I wrapped my arms around him and traced circles on his soft skin. “What are you doing?” Damion’s voice was laced in sleep and I glanced up at him, meeting his eyes.

“Nothing.” I said softly. He touched my cheek, running his fingers over my skin.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” He smirked groggily. I giggle girlishly, “Because I can.”

He smacks me on the butt and I squeal in surprise. “Girl, don’t you know how many people wish they could look upon me? You have to pay for the privilege to look at me.” He grins.

I raise an eyebrow at him, “You are really feeling yourself right now, aren’t you? You better make yo self before you break yo self, fool!” I smacked on the chest and he coughed jokingly.

He grips his chest and winces, “You from the hood the now? Why are you bruising my perfect body? Kiss it to make it better.”

I laugh, “Nope! I don’t know where you’ve been…” He laughs at me before whispering against my lips. “You know exactly where I’ve been.” He kisses me hard and I whimper against him. Ours tongues tangle together in a passionate dance and I’m lost in this. I wrap my arms around his neck and he hugs my waist. Then I’m on top of him and his hands are leaving a trail of warmth every where he touches and desire pools inside of me like a volcano on the verge of eruption. I wiggle against him, growing impatient. “Damion…” I sigh between our lust filled kisses. He groans against my lips as he grabs my beast and squeezes them. I jerked, caught off guard by the sensitivity of my breast. As he kneads them in his hands he runs his thumbs over my hardened nubs and I scream, completely aroused.

He kisses me quieting my cries, his hands move to my pants which he quickly disposes of, leaving me in nothing but my shirt and bra. I pull my shirt off weakly and attempt to unhook my bra but I fail and frustration sets in. He reaches up and unhooks my bra, pulling it off me. I’m completely naked and the only thing separating us is his boxers. He rubs against me and I moan as I feel his hardness. He reaches across the bed and opens the table drawer, pulling out a condom.

He looks up at me, desire in his eyes, “lift up for a second.” I do as he asks and then his hands are on my waist and he pushes into me. I spasm slightly, feeling pleasure seep through my body. I fall forward, clinging to his shoulders as he moves within me.

I begin to move my hips, meeting his thrust with my own.  My body is buzzing with sensitivity and when he runs his hands up my body I lose control. I fall apart on top of him. He cries my name as he finds his release soon after. I’m spent; my breathing finally returns to normal, I can feel the rise and fall of Damion’s chest. He runs his fingers through my hair and I close my eyes, enjoying the feel of it. I lean up on my elbows and smile down at him, giving him a quick peck on the lips. He smiled up at me wickedly and in a sudden flash of movement he was now on top of me. Before I could speak he kissed me and I fell victim to the pleasure.

He whispered my name softly and before exploring my body with his hands.

I suddenly felt a familiar feeling erupt in the pit of my stomach. He kissed my neck just as bile began to travel. I pushed him away and ran from the room and into the bathroom where I fell to my knees. I heard Damion’s footsteps as he walked into the bathroom. He pulled my hair back and I dry heaved. I had nothing else left to cough up, my stomach was empty. I glance up at him and he stares down at me with concern. “Are you okay?” I shake my head, “I’m fine; I just ate something bad a few days ago.” He frowned and I waited for his dimples to sink. They sank.

I wanted to smile but instead I began to dry heave again. After a few minutes of me coughing up nothing Damion stood up. “I’m going to go to the store and get you something for an upset stomach, what did you eat that has you like this?” I looked up at him, panic setting in.

I stood on wobbly legs and he grabbed my arm, steadying me. “No, no I have medicine at home. Just take me home, please.” I lean my head against his chest and after a moment he complies.

Within minutes we’re both in the car, pulling out of the driveway. I lay back against the seat trying to control my breathing. As we drive down the silent streets everything seems to be moving at an unrealistically fast pace because suddenly we stopped. I attempt to get out of the car but I’m weak in the knees and Damion wraps his arm around my waist, walking me inside. I expected him to leave once he knew I was safely tucked into bed but he didn’t and instead Damion heads for the bathroom before asking, “Are your pills in the medicine cabinet?”

I sit up in bed at his question. Pills? In the medicine cabinet? I obviously should have thought this through.

Suddenly I remember that I hadn’t taken out the trash in the bathroom and I jump up, pulling the covers off of me in one swift movement. I run towards the bathroom but Damion walks out of the bathroom holding the mini trash can. I freeze, silently swallowing the lump in my throat.

His dimples are deep within his brown cheeks and he’s glaring at me. My heart sinks.

He reaches into the trash and pulls out one of the tests before meeting my eyes.

“Are you pregnant?”