Chapter 2

Aderyn Baines

Chapter 2

Lisa was the student council president and my only friend. We had known each other since we were small. She had always been there for me and vice versa. Lisa directed her glare at Jason and he calmly put me down.

"You were lucky this time, Adreyn," he said before leaving with his posse.

"I can't keep doing this" Lisa told me after they left.

"Why?!" I asked, "are you losing votes?"

That's one reason" she said, "The other is that nothing gets accomplished."

"What do you mean?" I responded walking alongside her.

"You never really learn your lesson," she told me, "Ignoring him should be your response."

"As if!" I countered.

"Things will never change with his dad in charge and you know that," she said before entering the club room.

The door slammed shut and I was alone again. That's when I saw Jason, the blond adonis once again. It was amazing how many girls wanted to date him. However, they avoided Chester and Jesse for the most part. Jesse abstained from dating and Chester was just crazy.

After the girls had left, the boys started talking about one of our town's most iconic landmarks. It was considered one of the most haunted places in the town. It was called The Silo.

The Silo was an old farming complex that had been built in 1900. It had also been a smuggler's hideaway during prohibition. After prohibition was when things got spooky. There was said to be an ugly old witch living in The Silo.

The Silo Witch was said to have three red eyes, four arms, and eight legs. She was also said to have black matted fur all over her body. The Silo Witch had taken multiple victims from the town. The most recent example was Alexandra Harris.

Alexandra Harris was the definition of the school weirdo. She had disappeared last summer around the Silo. If Jason tried to raid the place, he would disappear from my life as well. I honestly hoped he did...