Chapter 7

Adreyn Baines

Chapter 7

I slept for the entire weekend and now it was Monday. Okay, maybe not the whole weekend. My time had been divided between that, meals, and browsing the web for a new book. The problem was too many books had romance in them.

I never understood the appeal of romance. Boy meets girl and they make a lot of kids. The girl gets stuck as a housewife for the rest of her life. That's why I hated romance along with my mother. It's like she wanted me to become a slave to a man.

My mom was the complete opposite of me. She did everything my father told her to do. Despite benefiting from her behavior, he stayed away from my mother as much as possible. She wanted both of us to act properly. That's why my Mom had been sent away to a mental hospital several times. Some people claimed she was cursed by the Silo Witch.

Anyway, I ignored the clothes she set out for me. I refused to wear a dress to school. However, none of my T-shirts or jeans had been washed. I forgot to do my laundry on the weekend. My mom refused to wash my "boy" clothes. It looked like I was stuck in a slinky red dress today.

"I like the dress, Jason will think it's sexy! " Chester snickered as I passed by.

"Shut your piehole, Chester!" I snarled in response.

Just then, a petite blonde girl rushed by me only for Chester to trip her. He laughed as she dropped her binder. The girl gave him a scornful look as she picked up her stuff. This couldn't go unpunished in any account. I was going to give Chester a piece of my mind.