Chapter 9 - Never

Third person's POV

The group of friends were separated; Lance and Stephen went to the park and tried to find her in the woods, Nevaeh searched for information on the notes they found that were previously on Lyra's bedroom walls and Victoria was no where to be found.

She went back home without anyone knowing and paced around in her room. Her friend being missing has left a toll on her. But she soon thought of how Lyra's mood over the phone was different.

Lance and Stephen stopped and rested and sat on the roots of a big tree. Due to previous events, Stephen thought that they would find her in the woods. The thought of her bringing a knife around made him shudder.

Lance, however, was lost in his mind. His mind was filled of questions and the ringing never left his ears. In his head, he had a billion questuons:

What's happening?

Why did she leave?

What was it about?

Why is she back?

Didn't she die?

Why are my ears like this?

Why won't I stop seeing her?

There were a lot. All he felt was confusion and he was tired of that feeling. The whole day that's what he was feeling, but it was mixed with fear. Fear of being haunted by his dead sister and never will he rest.

Nevaeh stayed in Lyra's room and searched for the book. She had found a few books that somehow connected with the notes, but she knew that there was special about that book, something different about it.

Later on, she saw a box in her closet, though she never noticed it before. She reached for it, but put her hand on her chest once the pain shot through her entire body, not just her chest anymore.

She dropped to the floor with a loud thud. She breathed heavily and was relieved to see Lyra's mother rushing in.

"Are you okay, Nevaeh?" She asked.

Nevaeh wanted to say no or saying her body was in pain, but she answered differently.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just tired, that's all."

She heard herself correctly, she was shocked that she couldn't talk on her own. It seemed like she wasn't in control of her body.  She watched Lyra's mother nod and exit the room.

Her eyes finally went wide and she sat up. She was now relieved to be in control of her own body, but she also felt fear.

She looked back at the box, this time the pain left. She reached for it again, and to her surprise, she didn't feel any pain.

Just this once.

She heard a voice, she jumped but soon went back to the box and grabbed it. With shaking hands, she lifted the lid up and gasped.

In front of her eyes sat daggers, papers and many more. She took a dagger in her hands and twirled it around to examine. She then put it back in and took a piece of paper.

11/4/12

It seemed odd today in school. I got looks from people and glares. I found out that some of them were Christians, and soon smiled at them the next time they do it again.

I looked next to me and saw Nevaeh sketching a dagger. It was beautiful, I was always a fun of weapons. I knew she would be great at drawing and so I asked her if she can sketch me a few things such as daggers.

I finally found my sister, father said she would be the one who is artistic. I have plans for her, but I can't do it just yet. I need to do a few things first.

I'll have to perform more rituals and read more books. I'll have to visit my Corben a few times before I do my plan.

After reading the piece of paper, which seemed to be a diary entry, she looked back at the dagger she previously grabbed. She remembered a sketch of a dagger which she drew. The dagger was the same one she sketched.

She realized how old this diary entry was, it was 2014 and this was from 2012. Here, it sounded like she was almost ready but she didn't do anything that year.

"But, who was her sister?" She asked herself.

She started reading the other diary entries. But, she never noticed the figure in the mirror. In fact, no one ever noticed the figure in the mirror.

They will never find me, the figure spoke to herself, never.

With that, she giggled lowly then disappeared.
Happy new year!!!