Chapter 16 - Lana

"Nevaeh, wake-" She stopped at the doorway, staring at me. "-up."

I secured the bandages around my right hand with a clip and I looked up at her. "Good morning." I greeted her with the most ginger I can manage.

"What happened?" My mom asked as she walks in, closes the door bahind her and took my hand in her hands. "Tell me what happened."

I touched a magical book that burns anything that touches its pages. "Woke up in the middle of the night, reached over my end table for my glasses, knocked down my make-up pouch and all of the sharp things dropped on my hand." Of course, it was a lie.

She looked over my shoulder and saw that my end table was neat and clean, the rarely used make-up pouch organized and not a trace of blood. "How come it's clean? Isn't that hard to clean up 'cause of your hand?"

Fuck off, mom. And you think I couldn't do it with a hurt hand? Really, you're just trying my patience.

"Mom." I looked straight into her eyes. "I managed to do it, okay?" I rolled my eyes. Gosh, moms are so annoying.

She just stared at me for a minute and put a smile on her face. "Okay, then. You have to go or go or else-"

"Yeah, yeah. I know the drill." She giggled and patted the top of my head.

Sometimes, mom is just so weird.

She went out and left me to get ready. So, I take Lyra's journal and other things I needed and put them in my bag.

It's gonna be a long day.

* * *

People are annoying.

"Hey, Bea. Hey, Bea. Hey, Bea. Hey, Bea."

"What?" I finally asked. There's no point in ignoring the annoying.

"How can you do that?"

"Do what?" She asked, a confused look on her face.

"Ignoring people that are very annoying."

"I don't." It was my turn to give a confused look. She sighed. "I don't ignore them, I listen to them. I listen to their rants and never answer back."

How, Lyra, how? It's hard. The urge to answer back is too much to bare.

"What happened to your hand?" Victoria pointed to my bandaged hand, that still throbs and twitches at times.

"An accident in the middle of the night."

"Really? What happened?" I sighed and told her what I told mom.

"Make-up must have hated you." Jasmine remarked and tossed her hair back. Like I said, annoying people.

"Next time, be more careful."

Ugh.

"Alright, Jasmine." I ducked my head and rolled my eyes.

Sure, I'll be more careful. In fact, I'll be even more careful when it actually happens!

"Oh my gosh! I just remembered!" She tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear and put her hands on the table. "You all know that my dad owns a recording industry. So, in my 17th birthday he's going to record me singing and he's going to send it to a music scout."

Pssh, keep dreaming bitch. Your voice sounds like a dying animal.

I still don't get why we keep her in our group. Well, she is the one who suddenly sat with us in 7th grade, she can go whenever she wants. But, she stayed. And it annoyed all of us.