Chapter 3 - Seen

Stephen's POV

I'd most likely be at home, playing videogames, playing basketball, or doing my stuff in school. But after I did my project with Lance, we had to take my sister out to the park.

So here I am, standing in the park. My hands in my jacket pockets, keeping them warm from the chilly October wind. I was just mere inches away from the woods that serves as the back of the park, I remember going in there and getting scared when I was a kid.

Happy memories, my older brother said.

I chuckled and watched my sister, she was chasing another girl. For some reason, I laughed a little.

"What you laughin' at, bro?" Lance asked, who was now standing next to me.

"Nothin'."

And then, my sister fell face first on the grassy ground. I laughed a bit louder as I walk over to her and lift her up. I dropped to my knees to her level and wipe off some dirt off of her face. "That looked cool."

"No it wasn't." She pouted and crossed her small arms. If I was a girl, I would be gushing about how cute she was, but then I'm not.

"Are you okay, Sarah?" Lance asked, a hint of both concern and amusement in his eyes.

"What do you think, genius?" I sneered.

He rolled his eyes. "Sarah, don't you ever grow up like your brother." He told Sarah.

"No, Sarah, never grow up into the biggest d-idiot."

Lance snickered and said, "That's what you get when you become an idiot, they'll have to struggle to find words to replace bad words, Sarah, so never grow up into your brother." He told her.

Sarah nodded, not entirely sure of what she just agreed to.

"Lance, what does shit mean?" Sarah asked.

I tried to hold back my laughter and I saw Lance giving me a look that says 'you are a terrible person' while shaking his head.

"Did he say that?" He asked her, referring to me.

"Yes." I face palmed myself.

"Well, that's a bad word. If you hear him say that or something like that, slap him." He said.

"You're teaching her bad things, Lance." I shook my head.

"Says the one who says curse words in front of little kids." He remarks.

"You win round one, Lawrence, but this isn't over." I narrowed my eyes at him playfully while standing up.

"Okay, Sarah, play safe. If you fall again I'll be leaving." I joked. But of course, she already knew that I'm joking. "Now go."

"Really, dude, really?" Lance raised his eyebrow at me.

"What?" I asked.

"She better not grow into someone like you," He sneered. "I would really like to date her." He joked.

"You know if you meant that, I'll kill you, right?"

"Yes, and I would like to see you try." He challenged. "After all, I am your only boy best friend." He taunted and smirked.

"Hey! Hanging out with girls is cool! They can get interested in you and you can just pick which you'll ask out!" I defended. I probably sound like a desperate man now.

While he was talking, I focused my attention over his shoulder. Since I don't really care about what he's saying, I'm watching my sister chase that girl with so much joy.

Overly protective brother here, just trying to make sure his sibling is ok. Maybe one day I'll end up being dad's partner in trying to push away any boys trying to get to my sister.

I stopped watching when I see someone very familiar. Long black hair, black eyes, that grey jacket and the same bag. I shivered when I remembered those things I read from her journal.

"Stephen, you okay?" I heard Lance ask. He turned around to face the direction of Lyra.

Later, she met up with a tall guy with pale skin. He had blue eyes and dark, messy hair. They talked to each other for a few minutes, then Lyra took something out of her bag and tried her best to hide it from anybody. The guy smiled at her before they went towards the other side of the park where there is another passageway to the woods.

Before she sunk into the shadows of the trees, the thing she held shined and I finally knew what it was; it was a knife.

"Wh-wha... what the actual fuck?"

Me and Lyra grew up with each other. We both knew our differences, our likes, our dislikes and secrets (which is not true anymore since she never told me she was meeting someone). So we were like siblings, we look out for each other and care for each other.

But then, the knife she held and the mystery guy. Jealousy and concern clouded me. But, I don't know why I felt jealous. I mean, I respect her so she should be picking her own men...

And yet again, a knife? A fucking knife?! What the actual fuck is happening?!

"Did you... just see what... she was holding?" Asked Lance.

"Yeah..."

Well, she's been seen. She has explaining to do.