38

soyoung

chaos, i know i've probably used that word too much but it's just the perfect word to define moments like these. as soon i exited the school, swinging the door open with full force, i accidentally hit dahye who was standing in front of it. her screech deafened my ears as she slightly bounced forward. "for fuck sake soyoung!"

"what are you doing? go help out the others!" i desperately wanted to forcefully push her, but of course i am not that evil. "no!" she screamed, tightening her grip on the bat she had around her fingers. "mark told me to stay here and guard the door."

i sighed in annoyance and tugged the weapon away from her. "fine, then give me this fucking bat." i began to jog towards the swarm of walkers, leaving a shuddering dahye.

as a walker approached me, i briskly smacked the basic weapon on his head with no hesitation but with full strength and energy. the male walker ended up laying on the floor, gradually sitting up but i made sure to keep him down by stomping on its head. "nice! that's my fucking girl~" johnny complimented from far away, looking at me with a big smile who was dreadfully laying down with a walker on top of him.

oh god.

i rolled my eyes and ran my way to help him, repeating the process by hitting their head with the bat. johnny proudly looked up at me. "keep focused." i demandly said and he gave me a nod, leaving me and continuously killing the other walkers.

"try your best to not use any guns!" i could hear taeyong from the distance. "don't attract more walkers, keep it up with the silent weapons!" he suggested and everyone was obviously not really attentive at his sayings, yet they all still heard him and took that suggestion.

luckily this swarm of walkers weren't so many, if it wasn't...... i don't think i would even make it since i am claustrophobia.

i spotted yuta whacking a walker's head with a bar pry, endlessly and turning slowly to liquid. sicheng stopping him and telling him to move on and he did, assisting him by taking two walkers down. obviously taeil helping them after getting sight of his loved one: sicheng.

"yo this is actually helpful!" i couldn't believe i was able to hear mark's laugh during this fight... i mean like, he really had the guts to be all gleeful in this battle?

i saw him busting a walker's face with a.... with a goddamn frying pan. "yah~ mark lee, just take this gun, i have one myself." jungwoo protectively whined, handing him a more secure weapon but mark refused. "nahh, you see jungwoo hyung! i've always wanted to be rapunzel for once in my life."

doyoung effortlessly shooting right through the walker's forehead with a silent gun.

i gazed over to see somin laying on the green grass, her screaming deafening everyone even the dead woman on top of her. luckily donghyuck was there to save her, pulling the walker off but accidentally losing his balance and now he was on the exact position as somin was earlier.

donghyuck's gun bounced away from his hand since he held them up to block away the walker trying to bite his neck off. "fuck! somin, get my gun right now!" he demandly said, impatience overflowing inside him as it was instantly replaced with deep and serious anger after seeing somin run away like a chicken.

"you fucking bitch, i'll fucking kill you after this you fucking piece of shit!"

i went up to him and saved him instead, whacking the woman's head and helping him to stand up by pulling him. "yah, why're you out here? your wound would get worse." i said, my heart devouring after seeing him clutch his stomach with a painful yelp escaping out his mouth.

"doesn't matter, i need to help." he said and turned around, continuing to do what everyone was doing.

this arrogant kid, ahh i swear.

i shrugged it off and looked over to see more walker's entering the field. "someone close the gate!" i screamed, trying to let taeyong hear me since he was the nearest at the gate, but it didn't succeed because then i saw him running further away from it.

"for fuck sake." i grumbled and did it myself, sprinting towards the entrance that even had more walkers, much more unlike than back there.

"no worries soyoung i got this, go back there it's much more safer." i saw jaehyun running beside me, then taking over as he was now in front of me with his non stop sprinting legs.

i didn't oblige what he said, even though he was in a much higher position in this hideout and i should be obliging what he ask for... i wouldn't let him do it alone, i don't think one person could successfully close the gate with this much walkers without getting bitten.

as we both reached the entrance, i saw jaehyun fighting the walkers and i ran pass him to lock the gates. "just get that gate closed, i'll try to shield you from these walkers okay?" he screamed so i was able to hear him. "okay!" i replied.

i tighten my grip on the black gate, pushing it forward and finally letting it go after it was positioned in the position it's supposed to be. i looked over to see the other half of the gate, still wide open which made me huff in annoyance and impatience. i quickly dashed to the other side, powerfully pushing the half forwardly and finally the gates were locked, still some few succeed to enter.

"it's locked!" i informed jaehyun who wasn't replying, understandable since he was fighting the deads.

"fuck! ahh! soyoung, please help me!" i saw somin, trying to push away a walker who was approaching her.

how on earth did she end up here? seriously she's just getting everyone in trouble, why is she always asking for people's help and putting us in danger? this fucking bitch didn't even get herself a weapon for protection. a fucking idiot.

as much as i wanted her to die, i couldn't let that happen.

when my feet began to run towards the two human beings fighting the deads, i suddenly felt my heart stop.... completely stop, like dropping down a pitless hole, like someone squeezing my heart till it exploded after experiencing a gruesome scene in front of me.

fuck, this can't be happening.

jaehyun was done defeating a walker, turning around to help somin but she frantically jolt the dead toward jaehyun.... unfortunately, the walker managed to wrench his wrist and let his whetted teeth sink down his skin.

note: so i honestly think this story is super super duper slow, here is something unexpected hehehe and exciting i guess? lmao, good day wattpad readers!