11

soyoung

"what the fuc-"

i was cut off by a hand immediately covering my mouth, making it difficult for me to breathe. "be quiet." he whispered. i tried hauling the hand that prevented me to speak, but unfortunately i wasn't strong enough.

as i looked up, my heart dropped when i saw taeyong in front of me.

we stood so close to that our chest were attached against each other, feeling our own heart beating at the same time, feeling each other's breath stroking on our skin, warm, deliberate and soft.

taeyong's eyes focused on the slits on the locker, keeping an eye on the flock of walkers behind the door. when one of the walker faced away from our direction, he carefully pulled away his hand and eyed me. he seemed rather worried than being infuriated.

"what are you doing here?" he whisper shouted, creasing his eyebrows while glaring into my eyes.

i tried stepping back but there was no space left. being this close to taeyong was a lot scarier than being outside where the monsters are. gosh, imagine being this close to him, i can see every detail on his flawless face which makes it even more perfect. "somin said dahye is in here, she never mentioned there were walkers!" i huffed and peeked through the slits, seeing all the walkers in one area.

taeyong rolled his eyes. "didn't johnny and mark tell you earlier that this area is forbidden to be in?"

my eyes flickered and slowly, i shook my head. "they kinda forgot showing me around earlier, they were too busy about something else." i replied making him even more pissed.

"well lesson learned, this area is dangerous so keep that noted in your head. it's blocked for a reason." he said, leaning close beside my face to peek through the slits again.

"then why would dahye be here?" i asked, extremely oblivious and stupid.

"somin fooled you." he simply replied.

"that bitch." i hissed under my breath, clenching my jaw and hands. i've also learned another lesson, to not trust somin because she would be the same enemy for me, she'll remain like that and would never change. why did i even expect her to get along with me?

i just wanted to escape this locker and sleep with yuta, but when my focus was suddenly on taeyong's face... i eagerly wanted to stay and stare at his beautiful features. everytime i look into his eyes, i feel intimidated but at the same time protected and fluttered. i know you should be scared with his intense glares, but i find it attractive, it was like a warm feeling spreading throughout my chest, like a warm blanket covering my heart. he doesn't just attract me with his perfect visual, also generally himself... in that bus ride, i would never forget how he treated me, how sweet and kind he actually was. oh lee taeyong how come you be so perfect.

"what?" i was swiftly pulled out of my thoughts when i noticed taeyong looking down at me, confused since i was staring a bit too much at him.

i felt the embarrassment overflowing inside me. "nothing.." i spoke and looked down, not daring to look at him anymore. "since you said it's forbidden to be here.. why're you here?" i asked, deciding to turn around and peek through the slits with him, i didn't want to get distracted by his face again.

"night patrol, i thought we might've left something good in here after the disaster happened." he explained before sighing in disbelief. "but unfortunately there's nothing useful."

disaster? was that the disaster jungwoo made, that they mentioned when i first got here?

after making a plan with him, we safely exited the room and put the furnitures back on their places to block the door.

"i knew i shouldn't have left you with johnny and mark." taeyong said before sheathing his dagger. "tomorrow i'll make sure to have someone show you around, i don't want you stumbling across dangerous area ever again." he protectively said and began to head upstairs, and i obviously followed him.

there was silence suffocating our surrounding, i disliked the atmosphere so i decided to speak up.

"so are you always on night patrols? i inquired curiously.

"no, it changes everyday." he explained, looking forward and not looking away.

"maybe we could do night patrols together.." i suggested with an innocent smile, but then instantly regretting it afterwards. there was like a seed of embarrassment that got wedged inside me, ready to blossom red upon my cheeks.

"you want to?" we're all familiar with taeyong's intimidating, narrowed and frightening eyes that could crumble you down right? but at this point, his eyes somehow managed to cutely enlarge like a small puppy.

"oh.. i mean like, you don't have to... like if you don't want to-"

"no i mean like i wan't to... or do i? i mean like.." he stuttered and suddenly felt awkward, all the stutterings he spoke out made his cheeks turn into deep crimson which surprised me, this was the very first time seeing him blush. he's the type no never fumble with his words, maybe that's why. "nevermind." he spoke under his breath.

"you're patrolling at night tomorrow with donghyuck." taeyong said, he didn't suggest it, he just decided it for me.

"wait what?!" i whisper shouted with wide open eyes. "donghyuck? you know he could kill me." my words made him blink as realization hit his head.

he was about to answer, but we felt someone's presence which pulled our attention on each other away. we looked forward and spotted somin, standing and eagerly wanted to sprint away from our sight, but we've already seen her so there was no way back. 

if i stood here all by myself, she would've given me the same deadly glare. taeyong's presence weakened her, i could tell by the way her body was quivering. i bet she's even more tensed now, knowing that taeyong's aware of the plan she set up.

i promptly breathed out and stomped my way to somin, seeing her flinch back made me even powerful and desiring to end her already. taeyong made sure to settle things calmly, so he grabbed my arm and held me back. "easy soyoung."

somin rolled her eyes upwards and sighed, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "ahh, you're so dumb to not notice it was a setup from the beginning."

"try testing me again and you're dead, if it was between you and me, we all know who's gonna win." i threatened as taeyong smirked at my sayings.

taeyong walked up to somin, so close that caused her to freeze in fear and taeyong liked the way he frightens her. "if you try to cause more trouble i'll penalize you, and i won't hesitate to kick you out. got it?" taeyong rose his eyebrow as we both left her in the dark, all by herself.

we reached my room, taeyong stopped and eyed me. "go get some sleep soyoung."

i nodded my head and went back to the room, seeing yuta peacefully lay with his eyes closed. tomorrow would be another long day.