Chapter-3

I entered the room silently avoiding his eyes staring at me.

I don't know what to say, so I thought to wish him...

"Good Afternoon Sir," I said but I think I made the mistake looking at his amused face for a nanosecond...

Of course, he must be thinking you as a duffer only because last time you were showing him your rudeness and now looking all nervous

"Parker," he said in his thick voice...

"Huh???" I asked confusingly...

"Call me Mr. Parker, not Sir, Ms. Vedhika" he said...

Ohh, he knows my name... offcourse idiot its his company and didn't you got an email from him. So, definitely he got it from company's records.

Also, I wanted to correct him that its Vedika, not Ved-hika...but I choose to ignore that...

"Ok, Mr. Parker" I said...

Now What? Should i stand like this or settle down on one of the chair myself? But he didn't told me to take a seat.

Uff!!! Its getting awkward...

And where are others? Didn't they get an email for the preponed meeting? Don't tell me he is going to do a meeting with me only. But it is not possible because I am not the correct person to do that. I am only an assistant to my manager.

And where is Mr. Evan Mills, my manager? I know he won't ditch me. He is a sweetheart. On the very first day, he made me comfortable in the office by his talks as well as his way of backing up the team is commendable.

I mean back in India my manager was not at all supportive. She never used to listen to her team. A good leader in the team is very much important. And for that, he/she should be a good listener as well.

"Are you going to stand like this whole day and stare at me?" His rude voice backs me to the present situation.

My eyes widen with this accusation of his. I was not staring at him definitely.

You know the situation where you're lost in your thoughts while staring at the same spot constantly. Your eyes are at some person or thing but the mind is not here. This was my situation.

"I was not staring at you, Mr. Parker" I started with an angry tone but at the end soften my voice realising with whom I am talking.

"I know better than you" He said with attitude...

Badtameez Jallad (Arrogant Devil)... Though I wanted to say this on his face knowing he won't understand but I can't take any risks.

I love my job very much!!!

Soon Mr. Evan enters the room and I thank the lord for it.

"Hello, Mr. Parker. Sorry for being late" Mr. Evan said shaking the hand with the devil.