he comes height level to the huge board with keys and the only thing left was for him to jump to get to the other side.

"you can do this, chenle!" donghyuck cheers loudly.

with the unusual sudden noise, the male unfortunately wiggles in his sleep.

everyone immediately panics. once they were seen, it's over.

renjun who was nearest to him, drops his hold of jisung who was supposed to climb a shelf with his support. with renjun no longer holding him up, jisung falls straight back down to the desk landing with a thud. "ouch.." he ran straight for his arm and pats it continuously while humming a certain lullaby. "shhhh go back to sleep..~" he said, in attempts of letting the boy fall back to sleep.

which, he successfully did.

chenle heaves out a satisfied sigh and proceeds back into focusing his jump to the key wall.

jaehyun scoffs and slaps the back of donghyuck's head. "yah, watch your mouth okay?" the other just laugh nervously as he rubs the back of his head.

the orange haired boy finally leaps over the edge and lands on the other side on his two feet.

the boys on the floor all cheer for chenle as he smiles proudly at what he did.

"i found it!" jisung announces and drags the logbook to hendery and renjun. they take it right away and flips the pages desperately trying to find daeun or felix's name.

they scan through hundreds of names and finally stops to two certain ones.

jisung furrow his eyebrows and looks at the room number. "they share a room..?"

nonetheless, he tells hendery the room number who passes it to chenle.

"room 127!"

he immediately looks for the key number, scanning through the hundreds of keys being displayed at. finally, he spots the number. he excitedly goes to the key and ties the rope around the hook. once tightly secured, he slides the right key right down the rope and it slides perfectly to the bottom.

chenle uses a spare piece of rope as well and slides down like a zipline. the smile on his face was huge.

yangyang unties the rope once chenle got down and throws the key in the car, hopping in right after.

the others also enter the car as they finally ride off to the elevator.

🔑

they pull up to the elevator.

jaehyun, yangyang and hendery used their strengths to lift up donghyuck so that he could jump up to press the buttons of the elevator. he was very light so obviously they chose him for the jump.

once they got out of the elevator to the right floor, they ride their small vehicle and zoom past all the rooms, looking for a certain number.

"125, 126...127!" renjun says excitedly and points at a room.

they stopped just right outside the door. they needed to get this quick, afraid there might be someone who would come out any second.

as usual, they threw donghyuck up in the air as he holds onto the handle of the door and pushes the key in. he turns the metal and the door finally opens.

with open arms, jaehyun and jisung catch donghyuck safely and set him on the ground.

they had huge smile on their faces. they finally got to see daeun again!

but, the once bright smile turned upside down right away when they saw the room was empty.

where is daeun and felix?

a lil long chapter for you guys!! sorry for the delay :(( its currently 1200 words right now im so happy yay!!

happy reading!

3 more chapters left :(