I flinched when I saw the blade appear, dear gods, I didn't know Eren knew magic! As if on cue, Mikasa drew her sword and Jean pulled out his dagger.

"Wait!" I quickly grabbed Eren's arm and forced the blade away from Hange. "Let her explain! Isn't that the proper way of doing it?"

Eren was silent as he stared down at Hange. Then he sighed, the sword in his hands turned into smoke. "Very well, we'll see you in court."

"Wait, what? Why can't we let her explain here now?" I pulled on his sleeve.

"But that's the proper way," Eren muttered.

"That can take fucking forever! We'll let her explain and Marco can probably cast a spell of truth on her." I looked over at the said healer and he blinked at me.

"I can brew up it up, it might take a while, I apologized, My lords." He bowed deeply at us.

"That sounds fine, Marco brews it up and Mikasa helps him with the materials," Eren ordered.

"But-" Mikasa protested.

"That is an order Mikasa," Eren added sternly. "And Jean you stay here."

The two left and I could feel the tension in the room. "Hange." I started. "Why?"

Hange stared at me before looking away. "I did it for money... The Leonhart's offered me a huge sum..."

"The Leonhart's?" Eren repeated. "Care to elaborate before I declare war on them?"

"Eren!" I slapped his arm. He wouldn't do that... right?

"Please, don't!" Hange begged. "I can explain!"

"Then start explaining, it will be perfect timing when Marco finished the potion and you'll have to retell your story. I'll be the judge of the 'truth'," Eren stressed the word. I could tell he was angry but he was holding it in and keeping himself calm like a dignified king.

"I understand..." Hange gulped. "I was hired to break the marriage so that His Highness will have to marry Annie Leonhart instead of Levi... I acted as Levi's servant that day and cast the spell a week before the ceremony started... I erased his memories about you, Your Highness, and replaced them with bitterness and hatred."

"That's why..." Eren breathe.

"A week before my wedding... It could be the reason why I was mean towards my uncle and my friends..." I whispered. I noted what Kenny told me, that I didn't invite them because I said they were disgusting.

"The plan was, Levi will refuse to marry you and run away.... but he didn't..." Hange smiled at me. "The wedding continued."

I blinked at that. I didn't run away as Hange planned?

"I don't know why Levi didn't run away back then, I was helping him in his wedding dress while encouraging him to run away. He seems to like the idea but he walked the aisle anyway... My plan didn't work and Levi got pregnant. I became his royal servant so I could keep an eye on him and pinpoint what had gone wrong... But I didn't know what was wrong... and the Leonhart's were in raged of the news. So... I tried again. I erased and alter His Highness Eren's memories and everyone... I made everyone think that your marriage was an arranged marriage, that the late King forced it, but it didn't work... King Eren still cares for you, Levi..."

I turned to look at Eren, his expression didn't change as he waited for Hange to continue.

"The Leonhart's gave up on me and threatened to kill me if I come back, I got nowhere to go so, I stayed as Levi's servant. I deserved it..." Hange sobbed.