Feel My Fingertips Above Your Shoulders

I faintly hear the front door open and I tear my eyes away from the television long enough to see Harry dropping his stuff by the door, letting out a deep sigh and collapsing against the door.

"You okay?" I ask, turning to face him.

"Yeah," he says with another sigh. "It's just been a stressful day."

"Come here," I say, patting the spot on the couch next to me.

Harry walks around and sits down on the couch next to me, propping his feet up on the coffee table and letting his head fall back to rest on the back of the couch.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask softly.

"Well, first we had rehearsals, which would've gone perfectly if my mic had been working properly. And then we did like twenty different interviews answering the same fucking questions." Harry stops to look at me with the small hint of a smile. "I didn't mind answering the questions about you though."

I bring my elbow up to rest on the back of the couch and rest my cheek on my hand, smiling back at him.

"And have you ever had to share a car with Liam? I wouldn't recommend it," Harry continues, returning his gaze to the ceiling above him. "All he does is complain about traveling so much and how tired he is."

I let out a small laugh and Harry closes his eyes briefly as a beat of silence passes between us before Harry brings his hand to rub the back of his neck, his face contorted slightly as if he's in pain.

"Are you okay?" I ask, running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah, I just think the stress is getting to me."

"Sit up," I say, nudging Harry's shoulder forward to get him to do so.

Eventually he sits up and I put my hands on his shoulders, turning him to face away from me. I move my hands to the inside of his shoulders where they meet his neck and begin massaging the muscles there. Harry's head tips back, his mouth hanging open slightly as a throaty groan leaves his mouth.

The movement of my hands stop, causing his to turn his head to look at me curiously.

"Why'd you stop?" he asks, frowning slightly.

"I'm not going to massage you if you keep making noises like that."

"I've never heard you complain about them before," he says with a smirk and the raise of an eyebrow.

"Yes, but that's not what we're doing, so be quiet and relax."

I turn his head back around and begin massaging his shoulders again. Harry's mouth continues to hang open, but he doesn't make a sound, so I move my hands lower, working the muscles around his shoulder blades.

I stifle a laugh as a strangled sound escapes his throat, but he closes his mouth before he makes any more noises.

I move my hands lower, moving down his spine and out toward his love handles. I apply pressure to his lower back with my thumbs before working my way back up his spine.

I wrap my arms around his middle and place a kiss to the back of his neck. "Feel better?"

"I don't know... my neck still hurts," Harry says before removing his shirt in one quick motion. "I think you missed a spot."

"You didn't have to take your shirt off."

"I guess you'll just have to take yours off, too."