16| adam richards

note: this chapter contains scenes of violence, abuse, vulgar language, which may be upsetting to some viewers.

"i own you, and you fucking know it."

   Hailey's pov:

Hailey's pov:

      Sartre once said, "Hell is other people."

I agree.

I've seen hundreds of people like Adam represented in tv shows and books.

There's something called an emotional vampire, and that's exactly what Adam is. He gaslights, manipulates, and uses other emotionally controlling tactics to diminish another person. Adam will leave you feeling depressed, anxious, and insecure. He obviously doesn't drink blood... that's disgusting. But similar to his mythological counterparts, Adam will drain the well-being, vitality, and confidence of those around him.It gets exhausting to be in his presence, because he'll run your fucking battery out with his words and actions.

On second thought, maybe Adam's just an Asshole.

I guess that's what the A in Adam stands for.

"What the fuck is going on here?"

Adam's body shakes with anger. His brown eyes are livid with anger. His uniform is drenched in sweat and it clings to his skin. Even his blonde hair has turned darker. Sweat drips off his body as his chest rises and falls with each breath he takes. His mouth is parted open in annoyance. In a way, it looks like he's drooling from the mouth like a mad bulldog.

Mikey is the first to respond. "Okay, you gotta chill, Richards. You kinda look like a grizzly bear right now, so."

Adam advances forward. "You dare open that mouth of yours to speak?"

Mikey smiles leisurely. "What? You get flustered whenever you watch my lips move?"

Mikey shouldn't have spoken, because Adam lunged towards him.

A piercing scream leaves my lips as Adam grabs Mikey by his hood, colliding his fist with the boy's face, sending the black boy to the grass.

"What the hell?" I yell with eyes widened at the violent scene. "Adam!" I reach for the athlete's sweaty arm, but he swats my arm away, nearly twisting my arm.

"And you!" He points a finger at me. "Shut the fuck up, okay? I'm not ready to deal with you yet."

I'm shocked to hear him say that.

Before I can do anything else, he moves away from me, sauntering towards Mikey's groaning form on the field.

"Alright, bro, I've gotten the message. You're strong enough to beat my ass any day and anytime, because you punch like MMA fighter." Mikey mumbles as he forces himself back on his foot. "Let's just walk away from this. Okay?"