Chapter 5

[Luke' POV]

I get home from school and I invite Jacob to come over and help me get ready for my date tonight. He doesn't know my date is with Ashton but I'm sure he has a clue. He probably thinks it's weird but he agrees to help.
"Hey so I need your help finding an outfit to wear tonight." I grab him and bring him to my room. I start showing him shirts and he just nods whether he likes it or not. I can tell he has something on his mind.
"Hey Jacob so I wanted to ask you something. Do you have a problem with Ashton?" I can tell he was processing my words very slowly and he looks at me.
"Huh, no I have nothing against Ashton. Why?"
"Well he told me that he caught you few times giving him weird looks. Not mean looks but more like you were scared or something." He quickly moved his eyes to the ground.
"Oh no I just had things on my mind."
"What were you thinking about?" He looks me dead in the eye.
"You kissed Ashton." I got caught off guard. How did he find out? Did Ashton tell him?
"What?"
"You and Ashton kissed the other night when we were here. Calum told me."
"Ya it's true but do you think it is a bad thing? Why are you acting weird because of it?" I don't see why he is so shocked.
"I'm just surprised. I'm sorry that I'm acting weird about it. I didn't think you guys would go out so fast."
"We aren't dating yet. We kissed and tonight we are going on a date but we aren't a couple. I would like to ask him to be my boyfriend but I want to see how this date goes first." I can see sadness in his eyes but he gives me a fake smile.
"I'm sure you guys will end up going out. You guys are perfect together." He pulls me into a hug and then he leaves. It was pretty strange.

I just sat in my room and watched Spongebob until my parents called my name to go downstairs. I walk down and I see them both standing there with a smile on their face and to be honest it scares me. I walk over to them and give them a scared smile.
"Cover your eyes honey, we have a surprise!" They put a blindfold over my eyes.
"Oh god are we moving again?" I said sarcastically and I feel someone smack the back of my head causing me to laugh.
"No quit being stupid and walk!" My mom orders me. They take me outside and when they take off my blindfold and there is a brand new car in the driveway.
"Here's our apology for forcing you to move. We know it wasn't easy for you and we thought, what better way to let him see why moving was such a great idea than giving you are car. You can use it to drive to the beach and other great places around here that you don't get in Australia." I turned to them and gave them a huge hug.
"Oh my god! Thank you guys so much!"
"We were planning to wait till Christmas to give it to you but I figured you might want it for your date tonight. Now aren't you happy I forced you to test for your license when we first moved here?" My mom gave me a wink.
"Wait. What is this about a date?" I still haven't told my dad about my sudden interests in boys.
"He is going on his first date tonight! I'm so proud of him." She pulls me into a hug.
"Well I hope she's cute." He says with a smile.
"About that.." Leave it to my mom to blow it.
"What?" My dad's smile went away and he became more serious.
"I'm actually going on a date with a.. guy." I was afraid to make eye contact with him.
"What? since when are you gay?" He seemed confused and frustrated.
"Since we moved here."
"No... No I don't approve of this Luke. You are supposed to like girls. It isn't natural to be attracted to the same gender." I was so offended by his comment that I wanted to punch him in the face but I held back.
"Hey let him love who he wants! He is allowed to make his own choices and you aren't the caller of what is natural and what isn't." It was nice to see my mom defend me. My dad looks at me and then storms inside. My mom gives me a sympathetic smile.
"Go on your date now honey. I'll take care of your father." Then she runs inside.

I try to put my dad's words in the back of my head because it's the last thing I need to think about right now. I drive over to Ashton's house and there he is waiting outside. I get out of my car and give him a hug.
"Wow! When did you get a car?!" He seemed happier to see my car more than me which made me laugh.
"My parents just surprised me with it before I surprised my dad by telling him I'm gay." Ashton's face went serious.
"How did that go over?" I open the door for him and then run over and get into the drivers seat.
"Eh not so well but I don't care. It's my life and he can't control it." I turn and give him a smile. We decide to go see a movie on the other side of town. We weren't in the mood for a horror movie so we end up choosing How To Train Your Dragon 2 because let's face it, we are pretty childish. By the time we get out of the movie it is dark. I realize that we are only thirty minutes away from the beach so we drive there. When we get to the beach there is no one there which is perfect. We decide to just sit in the sand and watch the waves.
"So do your parents know that you are gay?" I look at him and I could see the question upsets him.
"Let's just say that my parents aren't very accepting. Of anything really. I told them but they told me that I'm going to hell and that they are close to disowning me." His response leaves me heartbroken. Even though my dad didn't accept it at least I had my mom's support. He didn't have that and I couldn't imagine having to go through this alone. I grab his hand and lock fingers. He looks up and our eyes meet. I could see tears in his eyes which makes me feel so terrible for asking the question. I pull him closer and he puts his head in my shoulder and we go back to watching the waves. Not even two minutes later he starts crying and hugging me. I put my arm around him and kiss his forehead.
"I'm sorry for asking that question. I just ruined the night now." I had so much guilt now because I know I ruined everything.
"No it's not you. I just have a bad relationship with my family. Tonight has been perfect so don't give yourself a hard time." Our eyes meet again and the moonlight reflecting on his eyes which makes him even cuter. I go in for a kiss and he moves closer. We lay in the sand making out for about a full minute. I lay on top of him and we continue to kiss. We leave after being at the beach for an hour. I glance over to him as we are driving and he has his eyes closed with his head against the window.
"Hey do you want to stay the night at my house tonight? You look pretty tired and I'm sure you don't want to deal with your family." He opens his eyes halfway and glances over to me causing me to grin.
"Sure. Wait but won't your dad get mad at you for bringing me home?"
"He can go screw himself. And besides it's not like we are going to have sex." We both break out laughing.

When we finally get back to my house I quietly open the front door. Luckily my dad is asleep in his room but my mom is sitting on the couch reading her phone. When she hears the door open she looks up and practically bounces off the ceiling when seeing Ashton.
"Why hello you must be Ashton! It's so nice to finally put a face on your name. Luke will not stop talking about you so I think your a keeper." My mom winks at him causing him to laugh and blush a little bit.
"Mom Ashton is staying the night because he is having family problems. I promise we'll keep it PG." I wanted to get out of that room so fast because my mom couldn't stop embarrassing me. I grab Ashton's hand and start walking towards the stairs.
"Ok but if you choose to do the nasty then make sure you use protection." She laughs when seeing my reaction.
"Mom stop it!" My face was completely red from embarrassment.

When we get in my room Ashton just starts laughing.
"I love your mom. She's really funny."
"No she's embarrassing!"
"So you can't stop talking about me?" He raises an eyebrow causing me to blush again.
"Yes, maybe."
"Awe that's so cute." I give him a pair of pajamas and we change. We are laying in bed and I turn to him. I think it's finally time.
"Ashton. Are you awake?" I hear a grumble and then he turns over.
"I am now." He shows a small grin.
"Now that we've gotten to know each other and we clearly have a connection. So I was wondering if you would want to be my.. Boyfriend?" His eyes light up.
"Luke of course!" We both smile and then our lips meet. I can't believe this is real. Me and Ashton are finally an official couple. This is the greatest feeling I've ever had. I can finally call him my boyfriend and I can come out to all of my friends and family in Australia. I decide to do it in the morning. I try to fall asleep but it's hard because my excitement is keeping me awake.