Staying grounded

I would like to personally thank the comment section for bringing me back to this story and giving me a good laugh anywas IM BACK and enjoy (last chapter to edit, I can almost see the light)

And I own nothing

Gem; 

The doors flew open, letting in a harsh light that blinded me for a few seconds. I took a deep breath and went into the hall with wide eyes, it was stunning. Just like most of the school, its primary color was white and the architecture seemed to be based on ancient Greece or Rome, with marble pillars standing tall and going up to a crystal ceiling embroidered with swirling shapes and spirals of gold. The tables were round and wide, with students from each year sitting with their fancy uniforms and French looking faces. And by French, I mean elegant and extremely good looking because after seeing my new classmates, I could only associate the word 'french' with unbelievably beautiful people. All staring at the English exchange students, of course.  The food smelled delicious, but I couldn't make up a dominant smell, the variety was so wide it was impossible to identify anything without getting led to another scent. Now I knew why the uniforms were this formal, they suited the school after all. 

I looked over at Blaise, who was looking around with a grin on his face as we went to the front of the room where an extremely tall and elegantly dressed woman was waiting for us. It must be the headmistress, Madame Maxime, as Dumbledore called her. I took glances at the tables, looking for anything that seemed unusual, a reason as to why Dumbledore sent us all the way to Beaubatonx Academy of Magic. Everything seemed foreign though, the building, the food, the people- except one person. The girl had curly brown hair down to just below her shoulders, hazel eyes, and rectangle shaped glasses. She giggled at a comment another girl said and wiped some food off her face with a napkin, revealing a glove on her right hand. It shouldn't have to be weird, but I noticed that there was no sign of a left-hand glove... strange. She was beautiful too, more than most girls I'd seen. She looked happy to be there, it was easy to tell due to the smole she had on her face, pearly white teeth contrasting with beautiful brown skin. 

Before I knew it, we were walking up the white stairs up to a platform where the principal stood, looking intimidating with her strict face, tidy and elegant clothes, bold makeup, and stature. I looked up at Madame Maxime and gulped, managing to give her a weak smile before turning to the students. Unsurprisingly, they still stared and gossiped about us in French. Little did they know, I understood everything they said. I had to write a letter to Dumbledore someday, telling him how grateful I am for being able to hear what people gossip about me in French. "She looks underfed," they said, "Is her hair dyed?" they asked, "Why is she even here?" . Ummm, rude much, but alright. I guess Beaubatonxs students didn't enjoy the company of foreigners too much.  The half-giant woman quickly introduced us to the student body and motioned for us to go sit somewhere, so I took a deep breath and stepped down from the platform.

The students looked at us with faces of mixed disapproval and curiosity as we walked through the hall, looking for a table to sit at. I don't know what's worse, really; To be invisible, or to be awfully visible to others. After what seemed like centuries of walking, however, I managed to spot an empty table in one of the corners of the wide room. I sat facing the students,  ignoring them as they stared. I might as well try to be nice in this place, maybe it would get me some friends. A clean slate where nobody knew me. Just like Hogwarts, food appeared on the table for us to choose from, but I didn't feel hungry at all. Blaise, on the other hand, put a little bit of everything on his plate, his face filled with delight as he tasted the french cooking. Despite our efforts to blend into the background, the students kept whispering, staring at us as if we were a sort of Alien race. And maybe we were, who knows.

"Well, Zuchinni, I think you've got yourself a few admirers" I managed to smirk as I said that sentence, watching as girls from what looked to be our year stared at Blaise and giggled when he turned to look back at them for a moment.

"Pffff, Some of them might be half veela, but I'm inmune to their charms as you probably know" 

He raised an eyebrow at me and blew a kiss to the girls staring, all of who turned red before turning around to gossip some more. I didn't know why, but it made me slightly annoyed. I'd never been with so many people before, at least people who didn't care who I was and only saw me as the new student. Yes, that must be it. Years in a top security prison with two bickering cousins as parent figures didn't help my socializing skills. I took a sip of a glass filled with water and analized the room, silent as our new classmates ate or talked or both. I almost didn't eat that night but stayed watching the students instead.

They were interesting, to say the least. It was something new to me, seeing people talk so much and so fast and say slang terms I didn't know. In another language no less! I seemed to be too caught up in my own daydream to realize that Blaise had practically been pulled to another table and was now surrounded by beautiful, charming girls laughing like what Sirius liked to call 'fangirls' of his favorite bands. They seemed to be like that because they find famous people attractive, apparently. I almost didn't notice when someone sat next to me, but it wasn't blaise. Blaise didn't have long hair, and Blaise would never under any circumstances be stupid enough to tap my shoulder to catch my attention. As I turned around, a smiling face greeted me. It was the girl from earlier, who had a hand extended as if waiting for an introduction of some sort. WHERE WAS BLAISE TO HELP ME WITH THIS!? Oh right, he was with those girlfriends of his. 

"Sorry if I startled you, but I'm always happy to meet new people. You're Gemini, right? My name is Agatha, third year" 

Her tone was soft and friendly, that of someone who could be trusted, actually. It reminded me of Granger somehow, but better and less annoying. Oh no, I'm even thinking like Draco now. I snapped out of my head and gave her hand a shake, noticing that hers was considerably warmer than mine. I managed to give her a smile before I let go, noticing it again. The glove on her right hand, untouched and mysterious. I only managed to glimpse at it though, seeing as she put her hand behind her back. Did she see me? Maybe. 

"It's nice to meet you, Agatha."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guessed it, this is a filler but getting in the mood of writing and all that takes time etc I HOPE YALL LIKED IT IK ITS PRETTY SHORT IM SORRY BUT MORE STUFF IS COMING (THE TORTURE IS OVER I AM FREE TO WRITE A NEW CHAPTER YES)