My new reality

Y'all know how this goes     I   O W N    N O T H I N G

Gem:

"Blaise"

Nothing

"Blaise"

a soft snore

"BLAISE ZUCCHINI WAKE UP RIGHT NOW"

He bolted up from the floor, hitting my forehead with his as he sat up too fast. His eyes looked tired, his clothes dirty and sweaty, but he had his customary smile on just like the first day I met him. Dumbledore had shown us the Room of Requirements a couple of days before Christmas, all so we could train our powers without being exposed or freezing to death. Since then, people barely saw Blaise anymore, seeing as he spent all of his time here with me, hitting dummies with air and sparring with me, something neither of us was familiar with prior to December. I quickly looked around the room, with marble floors, a wall covered in swords and spears and daggers and other weapons we hadn't really touched, dummies that fixed themselves and fought back, and a muggle "refrigerator" with drinks and some food. Splattered across the floor were blankets, mattresses, chairs, and tables full of books. In other words, it looked like a mess, but it was our mess and we loved it.

"Bloody hell Gem, you didn't have to yell at me like that! I was having the best dream before you rudely interrupted."

I laughed as he mocked being offended, but quickly stood up and started pacing to wake himself up. 

"Anyways, I think we should check out the weapons"

He looked at me as he said it, my confused expression quickly clearing up into a slightly serious one.

"Um, you forget that we are 11-year-olds who have never held a weapon before. And the fact that there are AT LEAST 100 different weapons in this room, so how will we even choose?!"

He chuckled, looking at me with amusement and using some air to push me so I was directly facing the tall wall along with him

"Trust me, alright? Just choose the one that stands out to you the most, the one that calls you"

"And how would YOU know all this, Mr. Zabini? Since when are you a weapons master?"

He looked serious for a moment but shook his head and looked at me again, his eyes in a faraway place.

"I-I don't know, but I feel it's right so let's try at least"

I shrugged, knowing it wouldn't hurt to try, and looked at the wall. There was everything from maces to bows and arrows to throwing knives but nothing really stood out to me. Until I saw it. The sword looked like something out of a medieval Hogwarts portrait, with a thin, long blade that was a dark blue and gold, a sapphire encrusted handle, and a gold arc with intricate designs around it, varying from laurel leaves to Latin words and mysterious crests. I didn't know what went over me, but I walked towards it and grabbed the handle, which felt warm and comfortable despite the hundreds of glowing gems around it. As I lifted it up, I felt graceful, powerful, light, and just good, so I swung it around. The blade itself was really light, occasionally breaking the sound barrier as I cut through the air with it, making me feel a strange sense of comfort.

When I looked over at Blaise, he was holding up what might be the most beautiful bow I've ever seen, made of pure silver and what seemed to be like liquid metal on it, spiraling on it but never leaving its surface. The arrows were similar, with a silver body and sharp, black edges, stunning yet deadly. He then aimed at a dummy on the other side of the room. Bullseye, like he literally hit its eye. He tried it again, but it hit its stomach instead, and the next shot went through the dummy's forehead. I was getting the tiniest bit scared of Blaise, so I took careful steps away from him and walked towards another stack of dummies.