Prologue

OK SO I OWN THE PLOT AND GEMINI NOTHING ELSE OK??? (it's me from 2021, and the chapters are being edited one by one so bear with me while I fix this k?)

I hate Rowling but this belongs to her bla bla bla

It was cold in the courtroom. Cold and dark and damp and quiet. Oh, so quiet. So quiet, in fact, that Lucius Malfoy thought he was going insane for a few moments. Why were none of them talking? Why were the endless rows of Wizards and Witches belonging to the Wizgamot not saying a word? Yet they were looking, with either empty or bored expressions, some with traces of anger or guilt across their faces, a few whose faces glowed from dried tears under the faint candlelight. At that moment, it seemed that the entire world's eyes were on him. Not just the living, but the dead as well. And the creatures above, sealed away by a magical barrier, barely visible through the naked eye. If he wasn't the dreadful center of attention, the criminal, the Death Eater, the servant, the pathetic... He might have called the courtroom beautiful. But how beautiful could a place laced with Dementors be? 

He wouldn't be there, in rags, bloodied, bruised, chained- if the Dark Lord had succeeded. If he hadn't been killed by a stupid half-blood child. Lucius Malfoy would have been on one of those chairs above, judging others instead of himself being the judged one. He should have been on those chairs, not in line for his imprisonment. Familiar faces greeted him as he looked at the attendees of the trial, friend and foe alike, all watching, observing what had become of one of the most powerful men in the Wizarding world. He was pathetic. And he should not be pathetic, he should be great, mighty, clean, rich, at the Dark Lord's side, like his servant and most trusted companion. As he looked above at the people, some faces seemed to be laced with fear, regret, even. They had sold him off for their own benefit. Who would have thought that the spineless cowards would do that? Not him, at least not while the Dark Lord reigned. Back then, traitors were at his mercy, and Lucius could watch in delight as they were punished. Is this what the traitors felt like when faced with his wrath?

One solemn expression caught the attention of Malfoy. Never in his life had he seen Narcissa so miserable. With bags under her eyes and tears flowing down her face, he almost felt tempted to speak. He wanted to tell her that he'd be alright, that a new age of power for the family would come in the shape of their son, Draco. He was the reason Lucius married Narcissa in the first place. Not for love, but to create a suitable heir for the Malfoy and Black family fortunes. Unfortunately, Draco came with a rather useless companion. An identical twin sister they decided to name Gemini. To Lucius, a female heir had no purpose, she was merely there as decoration, a nuisance to the Malfoys, even. Lucius refused to hold Gemini on the day of her birth and every day after that, and today marked more than one year since that day. 

While the trial took place, the twins slept soundlessly in their mother's room, on identical cribs that were enchanted to move by themselves. Draco turned around constantly, Gemini stayed still. 

Lucius Malfoy was snapped back to reality by Cornelius Fudge, the new Minister of Magic, who had soundlessly ended the room and begun speaking. The blonde man attempted to pull his hair out of his face and straighten his clothing, looking presentable was essential in all situations. Unbeknownst to him, the rows of wizards judging him thought he looked like a desperate clown searching for a past and position that were gone. Lucius knew, deep down, that they were right. He was pathetic, not elegant, not powerful, not beautiful, nothing. He was nothing. A coward, perhaps. But nothing to be admired for. 

"Lucius Malfoy, the fall of He Who Must Not Be Named gave rise to suspicious behavior coming from you, as stated by multiple witnesses. As you are now under the judgment of the Wizarding World, the Wizgamot would like to ask if you lied about being under the Imperius Curse for several months, being forced to serve He Who Must Not Be Named as a spy within the Ministry of Magic."

Raised by the DementorsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara