They never said anything about French

Y'all know how it goes by now so like I own nothing and that's that      

Gem:

"Give up already, you silly girl! You have no one, your friend will die soon enough, your brother hates you and so do your parents. And those godparents of yours already forgot about you! Just stop fighting and let... me... kill-"

"NO!" I was in the dark again, it had been haunting me more and more often in my sleep, not letting me rest. Dark was interesting. Some days, it would talk to me, almost as if trying to start a very creepy conversation, but in others, it would threaten me and haunt me with nightmares, this was one of those nights.

The summer had been endless, I only had the portraits at Grimmauld place as a company, but now it's the end of August and the school year will start soon, my third year at Hogwarts. My second year had been quite the struggle, seeing as the presence of the Basilisk, a spawn of Dark, made the shadows attack more often and become stronger, I swear some of them reformed over and over until dawn. After Potter killed the Basilisk, they calmed down a bit, but the reforming thing still happened, giving Blaise and I a permanent paranoia as soon as the sun went down. No one ever noticed my presence, but I observed everything for two long years from above, watching my classmates grow from scared kids to annoying preteens and this year would be a completely different story. I felt bad for Weasley's sister Ginny because she liked Harry...  A lot

The poor girl had been possessed by a certain Tom Riddle and forced to open the Chamber of Secrets and almost had her soul sucked out of her body only for Potter to come at the right moment to save her. Granger even got turned half-cat last year, which was both amusing and a bit sad, so I visited her at the hospital wing while she healed. As for Draco, I thought our yelling match would knock some sense into him... NOT! He called Granger a Mudblood for calling out the fact that Lucius bought Draco his way into the Slytherin Quidditch team, and as much as I love Slytherin, I knew it was true. As for our parents, they didn't even care to know what I was doing, and Dumbledore didn't talk to me again, so I was alone. Again.

"You know, you won't make it. You still haven't found the two remaining elements, and without those, you stand no chance against me. I am eternal, you know, you silly humans aren't, magical or not you will all die" A cold rush of wind slammed against me, making me shiver.

"But you are also a human... Well, your host is. This is just a dreamscape where it's dark taking control and you're there too so it can talk to me through you."

"I am NOT a human! I am fully dark and you cannot deny that! I AM OLDER THAN TIME ITSELF AND WILL NOT BE BROUGHT DOWN BY A SILLY ORPHAN!"

And as I felt myself starting to fall, I saw a flicker of amber staring at me from above, but as quickly as I saw it, it went back to a swirl of black. And then I woke up panting and sweating. I was confused as to why it reacted so violently, why I saw a bit of color among the void, but as tired as I was, I just couldn't go back to sleep. Thanks to the lights in my room at Grimmauld Place, the shadows didn't attack me there, but as soon as I stepped out of my safe haven, they would try to kill me again much like every night. So I decided to read one of Lily Evan's letters to Regulus. This one was just as delicate as the others, but the paper had tear stains that smudged some of the ink. 

"Dear Reg, 

It's been 3 years since we have talked, how are you? How is your family and Sirius? I heard you met Severus, what did you think of him? I personally think he's quite the potioneer and a good person, but a certain group of lousy Gryffindors doesn't seem to think so. Reg, I'm scared. I can't tell you much, but these...Shadows keep haunting me, chasing me, wanting to hurt me. I don't know what to do Reg! Every night I defend myself but no one else seems to notice, I feel so alone. Help me Reg, the thing that was in my sleep keeps giving me nightmares and talking to me and not leaving me alone and I just want to have a peaceful 4th year. I don't know who else to talk to Reg, they all think I'm crazy, please don't think I'm crazy...