01

it didn't take hazel long to wonder why millie wanted to go to the wreck for dinner. john b was normally there with his friends. hazel wondered what it was about that boy that always made millie's heart swoon.

"again?" their father asked, surprised. sarah sat next to the blonde, eating strawberries while her father and little sister talked in front of them.

"yes," millie crossed her arms over her chest. "i want fish and chips again." she said and hazel smirked.

"you just wanna see if john b is there."

"shut up, hazel." millie mumbled.

their dad rose an eyebrow. "who's john b?"

"no one." millie shook her head, glaring at her older sister.

"okay, fine." hazel rolled her eyes. "i don't want to embarrass her." she looked at millie. "let's go get some fish and chips." she looked over at sarah. "do you want to come?"

"nah," she shook her head. "topper and i have plans, so i'll catch up with you later." she ate her last strawberry before hopping off the stool and made her way towards the front door with hazel and millie following behind.

hazel was never a fan of topper and the boy knew it. he tried to do whatever he could to please hazel to try and get her to like him. she didn't have to like who her best friend was dating though. topper, however, thought differently.

as hazel got in the driver's seat, millie got in the back, buckling up quickly with a giddy smile on her face. the sixteen year old started the car and pulled out of the driveway, heading in the direction of the wreck. it wasn't too long of a drive and when they made it hazel spotted john b's van in the lot. a smirk toyed on her lips as she watched her little sister clap her hands with excitement.

"you're like...whipped." hazel laughed and led the girl into the restaurant. they looked around for john b and spotted him with his friends near the back of the restaurant.

"john b!" millie shouted, catching the boy's attention. he looked over to see millie and smiled as the girl rushed over to him, throwing her arms around his neck since he was sitting in a chair.

"hey, millie." john b said, hugging the little girl. she may have only been eight years old, but she knew what she wanted and that sadly happened to be a boy eight years older than her. "hey, hazel." john b smiled at the girl and she returned it.

"hey, john b. sorry to just intrude, but your number one fan just had to see you." hazel chuckled.

"shut up, hazel!" millie started to blush as she pulled out of john b's arms. "stop ratting me out."

"it's fun." hazel smiled, shrugging her shoulders. "do you wanna order your food, millie?"

"we haven't ordered yet." pope spoke up, smiling at the girl. "you two should join us. there's plenty of room."

"i don't know." hazel was unsure. "i—"

millie cut her off, "oh, come on, hazel. can we eat with them, please?"

hazel pursed her lips before nodding. "sure." she watched as millie to the seat next to john b, so hazel sat next to her, jj on her other side. the blonde haired boy offered her a smile and she returned it, looking over his bruised face. he had definitely been beaten up, but she knew not to ask questions. she felt sorry for the boy though. she turned away as kie approached the table, smiling at the two blonde girls.

"hey, millie." she looked at the eight year old before turning to hazel. "hey, hazel."

"hi, kiara!" millie smiled. "can i have fish and chips, please?"

"of course," the dark haired girl nodded. "anyone else want anything?"

jj started ordering multiple things off the menu and it made hazel laugh. how was he not fat? pope ordered fish and chips alongside millie and john b simply shook his head, saying he wasn't hungry. kie looked at hazel and the girl shook her own head. "i'm good. i'll just eat off of millie's food."

"no you will not." the little girl scoffed.

hazel rose an eyebrow. "who's paying for your food again?"

"whatever." millie waved her off and hazel ordered a coke before kiara walked away.

jj looked over at hazel and asked, "what's it like being a kook and hanging with pogues?"

"jj!" john b whisper-yelled at the boy. "you can't just ask questions like that."

"what?" jj shrugged his shoulders. "i'm just curious."

"hazel and i don't see people as kooks and pogues. we hang out with who we want to hang out with and we don't care what anyone has to say about it." millie sassily crossed her arms over her chest. "right, hazel?"

hazel nodded, "she's right."

"cool." john b smiled, eyes locked with hazel's. "that's awesome."

"topper doesn't agree." millie scoffed. "we don't like topper."

jj chuckled, "that's okay. we don't either."

"does anyone really?" hazel laughed. "i don't even know if sarah actually likes him."

"i guess we'll never know." john b said before smiling at kiara as the girl brought over hazel's coke. hazel thanked her before she walked back into the kitchen to see how their food was coming along.

"john b, can i go out on your boat with yousometime?" millie asked and her sister shook, her head at her.

"yeah, of course." john b nodded. "but your sister has to come with you." he stated and it made hazel glare at him. he simply smiled at her and millie looked over at hazel with excitement on her face.

"oh, hazel. can we please go on john b's boat?" millie pouted her lip and gave the girl puppy dog eyes.

hazel rolled her eyes at her and nodded, "fine."

"sweet!" millie smiled, looking over at john b again. "when can we go?"

"how about tomorrow?" john b suggested looking from millie to hazel.

"tomorrow sounds good." hazel answered and millie squealed before thanking kiara right as she appeared with her food. hazel picked off the girl's plat and millie would swat at her hands, but the moment john b went to steal a chip millie fell into his hands and let him eat some.

by the time she finished eating it was getting dark out and hazel told millie that they had to get going. "see you tomorrow, john b!" millie smiled, hugging the boy one more time before she headed for the door.

john b looked at hazel with a smile on his face and ran his fingers through his hair. "meet me at the chateau." he said and hazel only nodded before heading out to find millie.

"we're going on the boat with john b!" millie sung over and over again as they headed towards the figure eight.

"yeah, thanks for that." hazel rolled her eyes before turning down another street.

"oh, please." millie scoffed. "you're just as excited as i am. i mean, have you seen john b? he's so good looking and definitely everyone's type."

"i don't have a type." hazel mumbled.

"yeah, you do." millie stated. "trust me, you do."

"whatever, mill." hazel shook her head at the girl. "just be quiet and let me focus on driving."

so millie did just that.

unedited!!

Taste ≫ outer banks जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें