Dumb Office

"Danni hurry up!" Phillip called into the bathroom.

"Go to the downstairs bathroom, Phillip, I'm busy."
Phillip made a face at the door, then walked downstairs. Danika wasn't really busy. She was hiding because she didn't want to go to her parents "work anniversary". She didn't even see the point in it anyways. They still worked there. She rolled her eyes at the mirror, then walked out of the bathroom. Her mother walked out of her room. She was wearing a nice dress, and holding her cat, Lucille.

"You're going to wear that?" Angela said. "C'mon, Danika this is an anniversary. Not a sleepover." Danika looked at her outfit. She was still in her PJ's.

"Come on, mom. Something casual won't hurt." Angela made a steaming face. Danika sighed and went back in to change. She didn't understand how a little office reunion meant formally dressing up. Danika didn't even own a dress. She looked into the mirror. "Am I really doing this?" She thought. Then, she stumbled into her room and into her closet. She didn't really own anything formal. But, she managed to find a black skirtall. She decided to wear a white shirt underneath. She walked out of her room, and went downstairs to Angela. "Is this better?" She asked her mother, with a serious face.

"Yes, Danika. Now go get your brother. We're going to be late." Danika rolled her eyes. Her mother had always been a strict bitch. She could only recall a few times where she's seen her happy.

"Where's dad?" Danika said, walking up her creaky wooden steps.

"He's the manager, Danika. He's already there. Go get your brother because I don't want to be late."

Danika made a stern face and went upstairs to get Phillip. He was in the bathroom, ready to go. "Mom says to come down or we're going to be late." Phillip looked in the mirror. Danika did too.

"You look like dad." Phillip said, looking at Danika.

"I can't tell if that's a compliment or not." Danika said, chuckling. She stared at her complexion, then looked at Phillip. He looked like Angela. With the blond hair, and green eyes, he was perfect. The only thing he got from dad was the tallness. He was pretty tall for his age. Danika got her dads looks. She had dirty blonde wavy hair, blue eyes, but she had glasses that covered them. She was the average height for a 13 year old. "Okay we should really go. Mom's already mad."

"Good idea. Come on, let's go." Phillip leaves the bathroom, and goes downstairs to the car. Danika starts to leave, but catches a glimpse of herself in the mirror first. Maybe her life would change forever today? Or maybe it would stay the same. Whatever happens, she still has herself.