CHAPTER 4

ABBY'S P.O.V

I spent my whole lunch talking to this guy and honestly I didn't like it.
I felt as if he was criticizing me.
"How are you gonna tell me what's not me?" I said and snatched my glasses back.
"Is all of this because you want attention?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.
"No. For real Abby." He said as I put the glasses back on.
"Can you take my Instagram pictures for me?" I asked and smiled.

"Then you won't come to school dressed like that?" He asked and I nodded.
"I get it. You don't want me coming to school wearing this because this is what your little bad boy clique wears." I said and he shook his head.
"I'm the only one who doesn't dress like that. And I don't think you should either." He said and I crossed my arms.

"Why?" I asked obviously aggravated.
"Because unlike you, I don't care about what people say or think of how I look. I know how I look, I know how I act. Now you might think I'm nice, but keep wearing this bullshit and there's gonna be a problem." I looked up at him and frowned.
"There's nothing I hate more than liars and fakes." And with that he got up and took my phone.
"Do your stupid pose." He said and I stood up.
~~~~~
AFTER SCHOOL
~~~~~

   I sat alone in my room and listened to my phone go off because of notifications from Instagram.
I loved the attention I was getting, but for some reason I couldn't enjoy it.
That guy was right.
I looked at the picture that I had recently posted and then sighed.
I scrolled through my followers and eventually I saw the guy who talked to me today.
@jeong_woo.

     Should I text him?
No.
It was a one time conversation.
But what if it wasn't?
I decided to text him.

Me: Heyy                  
                      4:26
Him: Wsp?
                      4:28
Me: Are you free to talk? 
                     4:29
Him: Wsp?
                    4:29
Me: I wanted to talk about our conversation at school earlier...
                       4:30
Him: Meet me at the school in 10.
4:31

I blinked at my phone for a few minutes.
I just wanted to talk over the phone.
It's gonna be worse in person.
I got out of bed, put my shoes back on, and headed towards the school.
I walked quickly because I knew that it was gonna take me longer than 10 minutes to get there.
~~~

   "What did you wanna talk about?" He asked and I sighed.
"First of all, I'm not telling you this so that you can feel bad about me." I said and he laughed slightly and shook his head.
"I don't care about feeling bad for people. Get to the point."
"Ok well, I know you said that you don't like fakes or liars but I'm not a fake or a liar. I've been homeschooled my whole life and I've never seen so many different types of people. I was just trying to see where I fit in." I said and he scoffed.

  "I mean, I'm not telling you to wear the color black but you have to get your act together. Acting like that isn't gonna get you anywhere good." He said and I nodded.
"But that's the thing. I like being in trouble. I like the attention from people I don't know. I liked the way I felt and looked. Basically I think I fit in with you guys." Jeongwoo started laughing and I frowned.
"What?"
"Nothing. But you're kidding right?" He asked and I crossed my arms.
"I don't even think the guys like you." He said and I smiled.

  "But they will. Once you tell them that I'm a good person." I said and poked his arm.
"And why would I do that?" Jeongwoo asked and I sighed.
"Becauseeee. You have to help me." I said and he sighed.
"I think it's best that you don't get involved. But ummm. I think I should walk you home now." Jeongwoo said as his phone rang.
"You gonna get that?" I asked as he pulled it out and looked at the screen.

  "It's Haruto. I'll call him back later." Jeongwoo said casually before I took his phone and answered it.
"Hey Haruto. It's me Abby from gym class. I was thinking that tomorrow in gym class we could be partners." I said and Jeongwoo looked at me as if I was crazy.