Chapter 2

Mike had turned on the TV, which was quietly playing reruns of The Middle. He had always watched this show when he had good ideas, so he never really got the chance to watch it.

But this time, he stood up and paced the room in frustration because he had no idea on how this would work. He just came to the conclusion that he'll just wing it and hope that it goes to plan.

So he sent an e-mail to all his relatives about a family reunion at his house that night. This is going to be perfect!

-----

Ding dong! The doorbell rang and Mike paused The Middle. He stood up and speed walked to the door, where a large group of all his relatives were standing. Twenty people were saying "Hi!" at once, so he just gave up and let everyone in.

People were enjoying the reunion. Tom and Harry were drunk over by the kitchen, and the ladies were gossiping on the couch. Mike searched through the people until he came to Olivia's parents.

"Steve. Jodi. Can we talk? I want to catch up with you two. There's so much I want to tell you about!" Olivia's parents exchanged looks, then turned back to Mike. "Sure!" Jodi said in a happy tone.

So Mike led Olivia's parents into a seperate room, where he retrieved a key from a cupboard. He put the key in a keyhole in a door in the room. He opened the door, and they stepped inside.

Test tubes and machines were strewn around the room, and Mike walked up to a desk with buttons and levers on it. "Stand on that platform over there." Olivia's parents stared, suspicious of something. They slowly walked over to the platform, which was underneath a large machine.

"I thought you were a mechanic," said Jodi. "Oh, I am. I'm also a scientist, ad an inventor, and a comedian, and a pianist, and a marine biologist." Olivia's parents stared at each other. "You're crazy!"

"I know! Don't try running, you won't escape." Mike flashed an evil grin. "Olivia's going to love this."