Chapter 1

Mike was gaining money fast. He had extra money so he decided he would buy Olivia something. He had chosen a dollhouse, knowing how she liked dollhouse sand dolls.

It was Olivia's birthday, and for once, Mike actually had a gift for her. At the party, people stared in awe at Mike, because he actually made enough money to buy a gift. He set it on the floor in front of Olivia. She opened his present first, and screamed loudly when she saw the beautiful dollhouse that was now hers.

After the party, Olivia was still admiring the dollhouse. She was opening the doors and moving the objects inside. Mike walked up to her and asked, "So, do you like it?" He already knew the answer inside.

Olivia looked at him like he was crazy to ask the question. "Like it?! I love it! It's beautiful, it has so many things to do in it..." Olivia stood up and looked it over, with hands on her hips, and said, "Well, the only problem is that there are no dolls inside. That's the only point of having a dollhouse. To have dolls. Didn't you realize that at the store?"

Mike knew she wanted the present to be perfect, as it was his first to her, but at the same time, she was complaining about it. He didn't like the complaining, but he knew it just wasn't good enough for a first gift.

Mike sat at home, thinking about the dolls. Why would she complain so much about it?

But suddenly, he got an idea.