The Notes

Tella woke up thinking about ways to kill Dante. Tella knew she should think of a way to find her friend. But before she could she heard a knock on the door.

"Hello?"

"Miss Dragna, a package has arrived for you." the guard said.

"One sec." Tella yelled hurriedly putting a dress on before opening the door. The guard handed her a huge white box with an overly huge bow on top. As soon as the guard left she slid a card out from under the bow, she opened it and it read:

                                                              MY DEAREST FIANCÉE,

WHAT A SURPRISE IT WAS TO HEAR OF YOUR ARRIVAL-AND I FEARED I'D HAVE NO ONE TO DANCE WITH AT THE FATED BALL TONIGHT. I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND THAT I'VE CHOSEN A GOWN FOR YOU TO WEAR. I WANT TO BE SURE I CAN SPOT YOU IMMEDIATELY. I'D RATHER NOT HAVE TO HUNT YOU DOWN BEFORE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE OUR ENGAGEMENT.

UNTILL THEN.

There was no signature, but Tella knew who it was from. The Elantine's heir. Tella tore the lid from the box and gasped when she pulled out the dress. It was beautiful. The skirt was full, formed with massive twirl's of sky fall-blue peonies. Real peonies. The bodice appeared even more ethereal, such a pale shade of blue it was practically sheer, covered in the front by intricate sapphire bead work that grew into ropes of a necklaces that hang over an otherwise bare back. The guard knocked on the door handing her another letter, this time from Scarlett.

Dearest Tella,

I was so relieved to hear you made it safely to the palace, and more then a little surprised to learn they placed you in the golden tower-I can't wait to hear how that happened!

I hope you don't mind, I've agreed to spend the after noon with Julian. But I still plan on going with you to the Fated Ball for the start of Caravel. I'll meet you at the stone garden outside the carriage house on midnight.

Love,                                                                                                                                                                                           

Scarlett