CHAPTER 33

SCOTT'S POV
To say I was shocked was beyond the question. As the girls were telling us everything, my ears refused to believe anything that they were telling us. They were almost marked by the Lycans?!. Just the thought of it sent shivers down my spine and made me feel anger like I have never felt before. Tyler was trying very hard to control his tears when Crystal told us how she was almost caught while finding the map. We can't even imagine what would've happened if she was caught. They also told us about how Jacob and his friends helped them to escape even though they could suffer grave consequences for doing this. I turned to look at them with a grateful smile and they smiled back at me reassuringly. "we can't ever repay you all back" I said to Jacob and his friends once the girls had told us everything. "It's nothing like that man. We just did the right thing and with the blessings of the moon goddess our efforts flourished" Daniel said with a smile. "By the way how are your mates doing?" Tyler asked them with a small smile. The moment he asked this question the peaceful silence that was surrounding us had turned deadly. Neither Jacob nor any of his friends replied to his question and I looked at them, feeling a little confused. Why did they go silent all of a sudden?. I turned to look at the girls to see they were staring at Jacob and his friends with sad faces. What is happening?. "guys did I ask something wrong?" Tyler said in a slow and cautionary voice. "no no" Jacob spoke up but his voice sounded broken. "our mates are not with us anymore" Jacob continued. "then where are they?" I asked still confused about the whole situation. Then without uttering a single word he turned to look up at the bright moon with tears spilling down his eyes. My eyes widened as I realised the gravity of the situation. I turned to look at Tyler and other boys to see them with the same expression. "I'm sorry" Tyler said with a guilty tone. "It's fine Tyler it was not your fault" Lucas said. "but how did it happen...only if you guys wanna tell us of course" I said.

CRYSTAL'S POV
Me and my friends listened silently as Lucas told Tyler and the other boys the story of how he and his friends lost their soulmates at the cruelty of the Lycans. As he was telling them about that dreadful fight my mind raced back to the time when they had told us about this and I still remembered the tearful expression that they all had and even after all of that, they still helped us to get out of that horrible place. Once Lucas had finished talking, Tyler and the other boys were left speechless. "Even after all of this...you still helped our mates in escaping" Zayn said with a confused yet grateful tone and all of them nodded. "We did this because we suffer with the pain of loosing our soulmates every single day of our lives since that battle. We didn't want the girls or you guys to go through the same pain" Lucas said. "All of you guys have already suffered a lot and we weren't going to let you guys go through another challenge" Alex added. I looked at them with tears in my eyes and a grateful smile. "you guys will never know what you have done for us. We'll be forever grateful to you all" Mason said to Jacob and his friends as he held Sarah close to him. Jacob smiled at him and shook his head. "You all don't have to be grateful or anything. We just did what the moon goddess would've wanted us to do" he said and my smile widened. "guys we've gotta hurry and think of a escape plan. The Lycans are gonna be here by tomorrow afternoon"  Daniel said bringing the situation back to focus. "you're right but how do we escape this Island. We can't go back to the mansion and if we escape through the waters we are bound to cross the mansion on our way. We'll be caught" I said and Daniel nodded, a frown forming its way on his face. "There are no humans or any werewolf pack for miles and we have searched the whole Island for a way out and came empty handed" Tyler said. "Then I guess the only way out of here is through the waters. We have to find a way to cross the mansion before the Lycans arrive and once we are at a safe distance from the mansion I'm sure we'll stumble across a few werewolf packs who can help us get out of here for good" Jacob said while looking at all of us. "how are you so sure that we will find a werewolf pack" Sarah asked Jacob. "As you girls already know me and my friends are in charge of Lycans' army and thus they share with us all the information regarding the army force. When they had called us in to make security arrangements for you girls, before going they had also discussed with us that there are a number of small packs a few miles away from here who they wanted to capture" Jacob explained. "so where exactly are these packs?" I asked him. "Once we have crossed the mansion we have to go with the flow of the water, which is towards the north and if everything goes correctly we are likely come across one of these packs by night" he said and I nodded, taking in all the information. "but what about the mansion security. I'm sure there must be other guards besides you guys" Zayn asked Jacob and his friends. "Don't worry about them. Jacob and his friends had dismissed the other guards  before we found the tunnel and came here" I said and he nodded. "so the only way we are getting out of here is through the waters and for that we'll need boats because I'm sure we all can't swim through the ocean" Ashley said. "Yup we have to build the boats" I said. All of the girls sighed. This was gonna be hella lot of work. "All of us will work together. First we'll gather the wood logs and then we'll search for something to tie them together and form a boat. We'll need at least 4 boats" Noah said and all of us nodded. Even though all of us were tired as hell, the thought of Lycans catching us and taking us back to that horrible place was enough to fuel our bodies. With that all of us started to make our way into the dark forest.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

All of us had been working non stop. The sun had slowly started to rise up the horizon, slowly fading away the darkness of the night. Me and the girls had just finished tying up the 3rd boat when all of us collapsed on the sand, tired out of our mind. "I don't think I can work any longer. I'm beat" Zoey said, lying on her back on the sand. "neither of us can" I said lying on my back to get some rest as well. "girls are you ok?" I heard Tyler ask as he, Zayn, Mason, Scott and Noah came towards us. "Oh yeah we're totally pumped up. Ready to run a marathon" I said, unable to hold back my sarcasm. "yeah we can see that" Tyler replied as he sat beside my tired form. "cmon get up we got something for you all to eat" Mason said as he placed a medium sized basket full of small berries in front of us. All of us immediately got up, our hunger getting the best of us. I grabbed a handful of berries and literally shoved them into my mouth. I was already  feeling a lot better. "you guys found these in the forest?" Sarah asked them as she some more berries from the basket. "Oh no. We stumbled across a Supermarket deep inside the forest and we decided to buy some berries for you all" Mason said to her and all us erupted into fits of laughter. I had fallen back on the sand from laughing so hard. "Oh my god so kind of you! What I meant was that far into the forest did you guys go to find these" she said once all of us had calmed down. "Don't worry about that. We wanted to make sure that you all were fed" Mason replied, this time with a loving smile. "don't you guys wanna eat?" I asked looking at Tyler and the boys. "Nah. We had some of these while we were gathering the wood" Tyler replied and I nodded. "hey where are Jacob and his friends?" Rose asked looking around for them. "they've gone to gather some food for themselves and rest a bit" Noah said and she nodded. All of us finished eating, feeling quite well now. I let out a big yawn and my eyelids felt really heavy as I tried to stand back up. "I think we all should catch up on some sleep" Zoey said, sounding half asleep already. "yeah but remember we can't sleep in too much. The Lycans are getting back today and we have to escape this goddamn Island before afternoon" Mason said and all of us nodded

With that all of us rested back on the sand and the moment I rested my back on the ground, my eyes closed shut. As I was being carried away in the sweetness of sleep, I felt two strong arms wrap around me and a head rested itself on my shoulder. I melted in the warm feeling and drifted off into a sleep that brought peace with it.

Peace that I hadn't experienced in the past few weeks.

Hey guys. So this was chapter 33. I hope you all enjoyed it.
Thanks for reading!
Bye!❤️