If What I Knew Was Wrong

Kagami POV:

When I first saw the invitation to the trials, I brought it to Ladybug. I knew I could get close to Hawkmoth by entering in these trials, learning all I could about the enemy. Ladybug suggested I go as well, so I thought I knew what I was doing! Once I read the violet letter, I took one look at the meeting place and worried about everything. What if Adrien was Hawkmoth? Or that Hawkmoth had captured him? Then I remembered why I had to reroute the car this afternoon, why I got in to the schools security cameras to see if Adrien was there today. Because now I know Gabriel Agreste is Hawkmoth, Nathalie is Mayura, and Adrien must have no idea.

Chloé snapped her manicured nails in front of my face. "Earth to Kagami! We're going to see Hawkmoth and Mayura now!" I stood up abruptly, knocking over my chair in the process.

"As clumsy as Dupain-Cheng!" Lila murmured, just loud enough so I could here her. Nathalie showed us to a small platform, where all four of us stood back to back. I've never felt more uncomfortable in my life.

I knew now I was so close to the evil. Now was the time to be a skeptic of everyone, to play the role I was assigned. We rose up with a jolt and seemingly floated through the ceiling.

White butterflies lined the floor in rows, forming a path for us all to follow. Closest to the circular window was Hawkmoth himself, leaning on his staff. I thought how many times we've all looked at this window, and never thought twice about what might be up there.

"I'm so glad you were all able to make it here today. Now, I'm sure you already know that the identities shared in this room must remain a secret and you are not to discuss this with each other in the presence of civilians. Understood?" We nodded our heads in unison, even though I knew the one person I was to share this with. "Good, good. But you must understand why you are here. Mayura can not be kept at risk like this for any longer. But the affects aren't so bad on the young and healthy, and I know you three would be perfect for the job. But there is only one peacock miraculous. You each will be tested to the best of your abilities, fight against deadly foes, and learn win, no matter what it takes to do so. At the end of the trial, I shall choose the one who suits the job. You will trade the pin after each mission you go on. "Who will go first?" Chloé spoke up. Hawkmoth took a moment to ponder this. "I believe we will start with Miss Rossi, Miss Tsurugi will be next, Miss Bourgeois after her." He answered

"Last? How am I last!" She huffed. "Oh, is the queen not happy with her place of honor?" Cooed Lila.

I giggled, though I know Chloé had to work with us at some point, I do enjoy watching her made fun of for her tantrums. "You both are so rude!"

"Oh, one last thing ladies, before you go! You will not be able to enter the way you've come today. Nathalie will show you the other way in. Remember Lila, tomorrow you shall enter through this door only." Nathalie pressée one of two buttons on the wall panel. "Excuse me Nathalie, but what does the other button do exactly?" "That one is used only in emergencies, if intruders were to find this exit. Now come along! Adrien will be arriving soon." As we trudged down the cobwebbed spiral staircase, I knew I had lot's of information to tell Ladybug about. To think that they would never find me out to be a spy.

We emerged in a small garden lined with pink and red roses. As I looked farther, I saw a granite statue of a young woman, maybe Adrien's mother Emilie. Both our moms were friends before she died. I wonder if she knew about the miraculouses?

I didn't realize we were already out the gate until Lila tapped me on the shoulder. "Um, I don't know you all that well, but I think that's your car over there!" She pointed to a cherry red Tesla almost two blocks away. Luckily it was stuck at a traffic light. "Thanks Lila, good luck tomorrow!" I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction, my school bag hitting me in the thigh with every step. I took a sharp left to a set of stairs that led to the bank of the Seine. I fell onto a green bench and sighed. "Wait, I need to be running!" So I opened my fencing bag, but instead of my fencing uniform, I pulled out a disguise. A purple and gold Jagged Stone sweatshirt and a pair of sneakers. After the Heart Hunter attack Adrien and I started wearing disguises to not get caught by fans, parents, or bodyguards. Marinette gave them to us. Speaking of disguises, I have to meet with Ladybug tonight! So I stuffed the rest of the clothes into the bag and ran along the Seine.