Reigniting the Spark (Part 23)

Prerna- Anurag, I know main jitni bhi maafi maangu woh kam hai. Is there anything I can do to earn your forgiveness? Anything.

Anurag - Sign the papers in the file

She wipes his tears and then pulls back. She picks up the file.

Prerna- Kya papers hai?

**************************************************************

Anurag - Read them yourself

his voice came out hoarse, monotone, his eyes fixed on hers, devoid of any emotion.  Prerna tore her eyes away from him as she opened the file. Her eyes scanned the fine printed letters on paper. A smile slowly crept onto her face. Her eyes that were dull since this evening lit up. The same childish spark flashed across her face, the same spark that lit up his days. 

Prerna - You still want me to join your company?

she said her voice hopeful

Anurag nodded

Prerna - Omg Anurag I...

Anurag interrupts her

Anurag - Prerna, this does not mean I have forgiven you. But this is a chance to reignite the spark. Make me fall in love with you all over again. 

Prerna smiled. 

Prerna- Thank you Anurag, for understanding. 

Anurag continued, ignoring her gratitude

Anurag- Contract thik se padh lo. Along with the contract I have a few conditions before giving you this opportunity. 

Prerna - Anything, just say it!

Anurag - Firstly no one will know you are my wife.

Prerna's brows furrowed in confusion

Prerna- But how is that possible? Our marriage was all over the media. 

Anurag - Marriage not pictures. Your parents always kept you away from the media, and if I am not wrong you preferred it that way. That is why when our marriage took place, we did not allow any pictures to go public. Only the alliance news went public. 

Prerna nodded

Prerna- But, I still can't tell people my full name, it is sure to ring a bell. 

Anurag - Your name will be Prerna Mukherji 

Prerna nodded

Anurag - Before me you will have another boss, you will be working under me but not directly. 

Prerna- Okay

Anurag - You will have to address me as sir...

Prerna - Okay 

Anurag - Lastly but most important, we will not be travelling to and from office together. We do not know each other in the office and no employee in the office is aware about us. 

Prerna - Okay, no problem. But...

Anurag - Bolo?

Prerna - Did none of your office colleagues attend our wedding? 

Anurag sighed

Anurag - Not really, only a few board members but they don't attend office unless there is a board meeting. This is because they are investors not employees. There were a few I had invited from the senior management but they could not make it. The time our wedding took place the company was bagging a big contract. They needed to stay in office so...