The start of a love saga(Part 1)

She descended the stairs her shoulders slightly slumped by the weight of the jewellery that adorned her. Her eyes scan the hall and rest on the mans face who is sitting waiting for her with complete disinterest. He does not look that bad her mind tells her. She quickly pushes away the thoughts and stands by him. 

The rings are exchanged and they are engaged to be married. Prerna Sharma to be Prerna Anurag Basu soon. None of them wanted this alliance. They had nothing against each other, in fact they had never seen each other in person before today. It was just that they did not want to settle yet. Anurag because he does not like girls, he just doesn't. While Prerna, she wants to establish herself before getting married. But at the end of the day both of them had to bend in front of their families wishes. 

Her thoughts are disturbed when the crowd breaks into a round of applause. She looks down at her finger to see the solitaire ring fitting just right. She slips in Anurag's wedding band into his finger as the crowd claps again. Prerna looks at Anurag who's gaze is fixed on his finger which is adorned with the wedding band. She diverts her gaze towards the crowd to see both of their families extremely happy.

She gives a sad smile to herself, maybe not yet but one day she might just be able to really accept this alliance. The days had flown by so quickly, it was a week ago when her parents had accepted the marriage proposal and had shown Prerna a picture of Anurag. Today was the engagement and tomorrow was the wedding. Time sure does fly when you don't want it too.

On the other hand Anurag couldn't fathom with the fact that he was going to get married tomorrow oh how much he does not want to get married. It was all just forced upon him by his family. However this was reality.

He stole glances of his future wife through the ceremony. Yes she was beautiful but after all she was like any other girl. He did not have any tragic past or any logical reason he disliked girls. He just did. The only girls he did nots seem to dislike was his childhood bestie Komolika who was currently out of town otherwise she would have been elated to be here. 

After the couple was wished by the guests the event was soon winded up and the families returned to their respective homes. It had been a long day but they had much more to come. The haldi and mehendi will take place today itself and tomorrow will be the grand wedding which will get the town talking. 

As soon as Prerna stepped into her house she was ushered into her room by her friends who got her changed and brought her down. Light flower jewellery adorned her as she took her place. The haldi had arrived from the grooms house and had apparently been applied to him first. 

One by one the ladies came and applied haldi on Prerna and wished her as she smiled back in response. 

Once the relatives were done applying haldi and bleesing her, her friends came and literally dipped her in haldi

Once the relatives were done applying haldi and bleesing her, her friends came and literally dipped her in haldi. They also threw flower petals on her as her friend did this on of her friends clicked pictures and sent them to Anurag. Since he himself was busy in the tilak ritual that he did not bother see the messages he received. 

After the friend groups masti ended Prerna went to take a shower, when she came back she sighed exhausted and fell onto the bed for some sleep and peace but her friends barged into her room and started teasing her. 

Anika- Oho madam ke cherahey par nikhar to dekho

Prerna- That is because of the haldi okay?

Shital- Haldi ya jeeju?

Prerna rolled her eyes 

Prerna- Guys please stop and i am dead tired and want to sleep. So dafa hojaao yah se

Geeta- Sleep!!!! Are you mad? Mehendi ceremony is an hour better start getting ready 

Prerna whined and cribbed but her friends got her ready. Though dead tired Prerna was excited she loved mehendi. Ever since she was small the design, the smell it all seemed so great she nver really had any dreams of how her marriage would be but she definitely wanted her mehendi ceremony to be grand.

Sh sat at her place as the ladies who applied mehendi attended her hands. She sat with patience yet excitement and anxiety she wanted her mehendi to be perfect. You might call this childesh behaviour but it was very important for her.  Her mother showered kisses on her face and sat beside her while her father kept looking at her. 

She knew she will be missed in this house...She also knew she will miss her parents a lot but she has too look strong otherwise her parents will not be able to hold themselves together. She has always been the apple of their eye and she hopes nothing will change after marriage. 

She looked at her hands as the ladies completed the mehendi. gorgeous is all she could think of she canned her hands admiring the design when her eyes stooped at where his name was written. Anurag, completely fitted well with the design and in her hands. 

Her mother caressed her head in assurance as Prerna smiled. Her friend rushed towards her and took a picture of her mehendi filled hands and sent it to Anurag. Anurag who was resting in bed exhausted after the unnecessary load of rituals heard is phone beep and stretched his hand out to take the phone. He scrolled through the pictures sent by Prerna's friends and a smiled played on his lips. He reached the mehendi photo and indeed it looked divine. He glanced through it and spotted his name embedded in the design. He saved it as his screen saver and dozed off...Aware of the big day tomorrow 

**************************************************************

Finally got around to writing part 1... I will be off wattpad for two weeks from monday so will not be able to update during that time span but please do vote and comment. When I am back I will reply to the comments and if the target votes are achieved I will also update 

Target Votes- 10