The grand wedding (Part 2)

Her mother caressed her head in assurance as Prerna smiled. Her friend rushed towards her and took a picture of her mehendi filled hands and sent it to Anurag. Anurag who was resting in bed exhausted after the unnecessary load of rituals heard is phone beep and stretched his hand out to take the phone. He scrolled through the pictures sent by Prerna's friends and a smiled played on his lips. He reached the mehendi photo and indeed it looked divine. He glanced through it and spotted his name embedded in the design. He saved it as his screen saver and dozed off...Aware of the big day tomorrow

**************************************************************

The wedding hall was decorated with bright yellow lights as orange and yellow flowers draped the staircase. White and red cloth covered the beams of the grand wedding hall as the mandap stood beneath the chandelier. Oh what a breathtaking sight that was. It had to be Kolkata's two most powerful business tycoons children were getting married to each other. The mandap however seemed incomplete. The hall was filled with chattering guests half of them who he did not even recognise. He waited at the Mandap for his future wife. Ah that was what was missing. The bride.

Suddenly silence took over the room. All the guests and the groom had their gaze fixed on the staircase. The bride descended the staircase with her family members surrounding her. Prerna wore a deep red dress hand embedded with a real gold thread. In the silence her payal sounds were heard. Musical he thought

Anurag smacked his head amused at his own thought. He looked back at her. The golden jewelleries beauty was enhanced because they were worn by her. Her cheeks were flushed crimson red. Her eyes were fixed on her foot as she reached the bottom of the staircase. She lifted her eyelids as their eyes met and Anurag's breath hitched. 

What was she doing to him? She made her way to the mandap as her parents helped her sit down in the heavy lehenga. The pandit started chanting as the rituals commenced. The marriage was like any other. She did not fell special, of course the nervousness and anxiety was killing her but it was not the wedding sh dreamed of. The only thing she wanted to changes was the time and groom. She always dreamed of marrying the love if her life but after all life is no dream. 

As they completed the pheras and Anurag filled her partition with sindoor and made her wear the mangalsutra they were pronounced husband and wife. They took the blessings of the elders and left for Anurag's house. The car ride was silent. Prerna stared out the window shedding silent tears while Anurag respecting her space stared out his window. Hearing sobs he turned towards her. She was fidgeting with her hands as she sobbed. He passed her his handkerchief not only as a consolation but to let her know she does not have to be nervous. Prerna took a deep breath and great fully accepted the handkerchief. If only they had gotten time to know each other before marriage things would not be so awkward. 

The car pulled up at the door of Basu mansion as the newly wedded couple got out of the car. The rest of the family members were already waiting. Prerna as instructed kicked the kalash lightly as the rice grains fell out. Then the duo entered the house together. Prerna stood on the plate filled with aalta and then made her way to Anurag's room based on the instructions of Mohini. Anurag was held back for some teasing session by his cousins. Prerna opened the door to a big yet simple room. White walls with a big wooden cupboard. A big bed lay in the centre decorated with flowers and rose petals. She sighed as she made her way to the washroom. If only things had not turned out this way.

On the other hand after a long session of teasing and troubling Anurag was able to return to his room. He was expecting a complete Indian bride waiting for him in the centre of the bed and he would have to break her heart saying he was not ready yet. However much to his surprise there lay Prerna all changed in her night wear almost on the verge of dozing off. Not bad he thought. No typical drama. 

He went inside the bathroom and changed into his night clothes when he stepped out he did not find Prerna on the bed. He scanned the bedroom but no sign of her. He looked towards the balcony and found her standing there looking at the sky. Feeling his gaze on her she turned towards him. Their eyes met and time to stop. The eye lock was so deep nobody could comprehend the unsaid words that were exchanged. They broke the eye lock as Anurag stepped into the balcony. He stood beside Prerna.

Breaking the silence Prerna spoke.

Prerna- We barely know each other and are now married. I want to take things slowly. We can start by getting to know each other. Something like friends. 

She looked at him expectantly... hoping he would also handle the situation maturely. Receiving no answer she slowly added

Prerna- I hope you understand.

Anurag gave her a slight smile. 

Anurag- I do and I am glad we are on the same page when it comes to our relationship. I will definitely do my best with my efforts on this relationship. But I will also need you to understand that I do have a lot of work at office this month things will slow down after that.

Prerna- That is not a problem at all. I will be starting my new job from tomorrow as well.

Anurag- Oh really! What do you do?

Prerna- I am chartered accountant at Flash co-operation 

Anurag- That is nice

Prerna- indeed...if you don't mind can we go to sleep...it has been a long and tiring say after all

Anurag nodded as they made their way to the bed. They both took their sides and slept as soon as they hit the bed. It was the start of a new beautiful journey.

**************************************************************

That is all! No target votes read on as part 3 is also updated as compensation for the delayed update from my side.