Chapter 34

One chapter left ):

-------

It's been three days.

I haven't eaten anything in three days, I haven't slept in three days...nothing. And the worst part is, I don't know what to say to the girls. They won't understand that their mother is gone, but I have to tell them somehow because all they've been asking for the past three days is where their mother has been.

Today was also the funeral, which I was dreading with all my heart. I can't accept the fact that she's gone.

I walked into the church, looking for my daughters. Louis and Eleanor took them for the night. I needed a night to myself.

I saw louis and Eleanor in the front row, right in front of the coffin. I gulped, trying to hold back my tears.

Laila and Ellie both saw me, and jumped out of their grandparent's laps and ran to me.

"Daddy!" Ellie giggled as I picked both of them up.

"Where's mummy?" Laila asked.

I looked at louis and Eleanor, who's eyes were full of tears. They nodded at me, telling me I had to tell them. It was their mother's funeral, after all.

I took them into the back room. I shut the door behind me and looked at my girls, who reminded me so much of their mother. They had the same eyes as her, which were the prettiest blue i've ever seen. They had her cheeks, which I loved. Everything about them reminded me of Kayla.

"Girls," I kneeled down so I was eye level with them. "Your mummy...she," I sighed as a tear escaped my eye.

"What's wrong daddy?" Laila asked, scooting closer to me.

"Remember when my grandmother died two months ago?" I asked. Surely they remembered a little bit.

They both nodded.

"Well, she's in heaven now. You remember what heaven is, right? Well that's where grandma is right now."

They looked at each other, "but...where's mummy?" Laila asked.

"She's- she's with grandma, sweetheart. She's in heaven," tears were falling out of my eyes like a fucking waterfall now. I hated that they were seeing me like this...

"But why? Why is she there?" Ellie asked.

"I'll tell you another day, okay? You'll see her soon, like I promised with grandma."

They both nodded and I smiled, wiping the tears off of my cheeks and embracing both girls in my arms.

We went back into the church. I found louis and Eleanor and sat next to them. Ellie went in my lap while Laila sat on Eleanor's. The funeral was starting.

I couldn't listen to the pastor. My mind was elsewhere. I handed ellie to louis while I leaned my elbows on my knees and let out a few sobs. Everything reminded me of her.

The pastor finally called me up to the podium to say my speech. I was going to write one, but then I decided against it.

"Hi everyone," I sniffled. "Kayla...where do I start? She was my...everything. She understood me like nobody else. She brightened up my day whenever she smiled, or laughed...and just in general. I'll never forget that time on our honeymoon when she made us go swimming with dolphins, and me being me, I have a slight fear of Dolphins," that earned a laugh from the crowd. "The whole time she kept asking me if I was okay. She cared for everyone so much, and always put others before her. She gave me the gift of my two beautiful children, who i love with all my heart and I can't imagine my life without them. And now that she's gone...i don't know what I'm going to do. There will never be anyone like Kayla, for sure. There will never be anybody who will make me as happy as she did and there will never be anyone to replace her. I can't explain how much I love you Kayla. I miss you, s-so much."

I let out a sob, officially breaking down. I sobbed into my hands. I couldn't believe that she was gone. Nothing will ever be the same, I know that for sure. The girls will grow up without a mother, and I will live life without my everything. My rock.

I walked down the steps, and went up to the coffin, where my wife's lifeless body was lying. I knelt down, and looked at her as tears kept coming from my eyes.

Her lips were pale and blue, and not the usual plump, pink lips she always had. Her skin was so pale, with no life whatsoever.

I grabbed her hand, intertwining her lifeless hand in mine. I felt her wedding ring on her finger, and I smiled.

"Baby," I whispered. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. If-if I didn't leave you at the cafe, you would be here. I'm sorry, sweetheart. You know I love you. Nobody will ever be able to replace you and I can promise you, I will love nobody as much as I love you. I promise you I will take care of our girls, and I will never forget you."

I took the necklace I was wearing off my neck. It was from my mother, who gave it to me when I turned 35.

"It's fine to just live in the now, but the best part about now...is that there's another tomorrow."

Kayla loved that quote. She always said it to the girls, and they questioned what it meant every time she said it. She just laughed as a reply.

"I love you baby, you know that. And I promise that I will see you again. I promise I will take care of our girls and i will love them with all my heart. I'll see you soon baby...I love you so so much."

I placed the necklace on her chest and placed delicate kisses on her hand. I had to let go. But, I'll see her soon. When it's my time to leave.

Nobody will ever be able to compare to Kayla. The way she laughed, the way she smiled...her sense of humor, everything about her made me smile.

They say that when you love someone so much, that when they die, a part of your heart leaves with them. And that's true, because I lost half of my heart three days ago.

All I can say is....

Kayla, I love you baby girl.

-------

I cried while writing this...

There's one more chapter of MBMD plus an epilogue ): I may do a mini book in the next few weeks about harry telling his daughters stories about Kayla. Don't forget to read, "Phantom Of The Opera". I will be starting it when MBMD is over.

Thank you guys for everything. Without you, I wouldn't be writing this book right now. Thank you <3