Chapter 17

The time came where I had to pick Kayla up from her job to take her out to dinner. I was excited, yet nervous. I haven't seen her in three years, who knows what could've changed throughout her life.

I sat in the parking lot waiting for her to come out of the building. I texted her telling her I was here and what my car looked like. A few minutes later she finally came out and got into my car.

"Sorry it took so long," she apologized. "I was...busy."

"It's okay. The restaurant is only two minutes away."

I started the car up and began driving to the restaurant. It was fancy, I'd say, and one of my favorites too.

It was quiet. Too quite. It's an awkward silence, honestly. Kayla just looked out the window the whole time while I kept my eyes on the rode. Well, most of the time. Oops?

Finally, we arrived at the restaurant and I hopped out of the car and ran to kayla's side to open the door for her. She thanked me and smiled. I locked the car and led us into the restaurant. I gave the hostess my name and she seated us right away, sending me wink and a kinky look which of course, I ignored.

I ordered us the fanciest and most expensive wine they had. Sure, I was "showing off", I mean, I loved her. Take that back, I love her. Always have, Always will.

"So, Kayla," I leaned on the table. "How's everything uh...been?"

"It's good. Just living everyday like its my last I guess you could say."

I smiled, "you must really love your job, yeah?"

"I really do," she blushed. "I love the kids. They're amazing, and I never thought they'd want to learn about history that much, but I guess they do. They're honestly like my own."

"I'm happy for you Kayla."

"Thank you, harry."

The waiter brought us the wine and poured it in our glasses. I picked mine up and took a sip, smirking at the taste. He then proceeded to take our orders.

"I'll have the Cesar Salad with wedding soup, please," I ordered my usual.

"For you, miss?" He asked Kayla.

"Oh god...uh, I don't really know what to order. Harry, what's good here?"

"She'll have the lamb with French fries and wedding soup, thanks," I gave him our menus and he scurried away.

"You really ordered me that? That's so expensive, harry!"

"Oh please, you know I have enough money to practically buy this place," I smirked and she laughed. I missed her laugh...so much.

"So," I paused. "Is there...anybody in your life? Like a-a boyfriend?"

"Yes," she slowly nodded. "I'm uh...engaged."

My heart sunk at that very moment. I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. My breathing hitched, and I looked at the table cloth.

"T-to who?"

"Johnny."

My eyes widened, "the guy you had-"

"Yes," she cut me off.

"O-oh. I'm..happy for you," I fake smiled.

"Thanks," she whispered. "Do you have anyone?"

"Yes," I lied. Shit! Really harry?! "Her name is...Natalie" I really used my ex's name?

"Oh," she looked hurt. "I'm happy for you too."

Things grew quiet for a minute before our food came. They carefully set our dishes In front of us and we thanked them, digging in.

"This is good," Kayla moaned. "Thanks, Harry."

"Anytime," I flashed her a smile.

We finished our food, making small talk about work before I payed the bill. We again, got in the car and didn't talk. It was still awkward, and I hated it. But after figuring out that she'd engaged, I couldn't talk to her.

We arrived at the school and she was about to get out before I stopped her, grabbing her arm.

"Yes?"

"I'm having a party at my house for my company on Friday...you should come," I told her.

"Yeah," she smiled. "I'd like that...a lot."

"I'll text you about it."

"I'll see you then. And thank you harry, I really missed you," she leaned over the console before pressing a long kiss to my cheek and got out of the car. I watched her as she walked to her black Range Rover. Before she got in her car, she turned my way and smirked, sending me a wink.

-

DID YA LIKE IT?!
Lolol
buttttt....for the cover thing, I will reply to all your comments soon!! Enjoy the chapter my lovesssss