Chapter 10 - The Battle Between Allies

POV: Xelqua + Myriel (switches like before)

Location: The "skies" above the Watcher Academy

My breathing ragged, I stared at Myriel, unsure of who she was or why I was feeling that way about her.

Her honey-brown waves blew in the wind of the void as she stared at me, unaware of who I was as of yet.

Then, my Watcher training kicked in.

Narrowing my eyes, I charged at her, my sword pointing out from my side.

She raised her own sword and blocked my attack.

After sparring for a few moments, we both realized the fight had to be finished with magic.

I swiftly put my sword in my other hand and focused silver magic into my clenched fist. Swinging quickly, I punched the Prime in the shoulder, sending her reeling away in the sky.

I put my sword back in my dominant hand and took notice that her wings were actually real, rather than a spell.

After dodging and sending a few blasts of magic, mine being silver and hers being golden, we both sent a continuous blast of magic through our swords at each other, creating a wind that nearly knocked the rest of the admins and Watchers out of the sky.

Myriel's golden blast soon began to overtake mine, causing me to get lower in the sky as she pushed me back.

Then, I remembered.

The image of golden magic overtaking silver came into my mind, reminding me of what I could do.

Putting on a cruel grin completely uncharacteristic of me, I pushed back harder, golden light slowly replacing my silver. However, this time it was from me.

I caught a glimpse of Verix looking at us in shock, his armor stained with the blood of other admins.

The blast of golden magic evened out, allowing me to fly back up to the Prime's level.

Her face turned from determination to surprise as my golden magic replaced my former silver magic.

The ball in the center of our magic grew and grew until it was too powerful. It exploded.

~POV CHANGE~

I gasped in pain as I was pushed backward in the sky by the blast. Both of our golden blasts had been canceled out when it exploded so there was no immediate danger of me dying.

I pushed my honey-brown hair behind my back as I steadied my sword, looking up at the ball of light.

Now, it was white with small swirls of golden magic floating around it.

I looked under it at my opponent, wondering for the twelfth time who the heck he was. He seemed so familiar but I just couldn't place my finger onto it before.

Then, it hit me.

The Watcher Initiate looked up at the ball with wide blue eyes, the same color eyes of the Prime that had gone missing 2 years before after Evo.

I gasped as if a blow had actually been dealt.

Breathing heavy, I waited until our gazes connected again. I watched in despair as the eyes of the Third Prime morphed into the eyes of a Watcher once more, his irises becoming a deep purple.

His entire behavior changed. He tilted his head down and glared at me, his sword clenched tight in his fist.

However, no matter how much either of us wanted to destroy the other's current group, we couldn't. And that was because of the ball of light. If we let it remain, it would blow up EVERYTHING. Not just the Watchers, not just the admins, but everything. All of the servers would be destroyed, all of the players killed, all of Minecraft would be gone forever. Unless we worked together to remove the ball.