Chapter 39

Natalia's POV

"Natalia you're scaring me," Neymar said softly, rubbing my back gently. 

"M-My brother," I sobbed, "He's gone."

I felt Neymar's arms stiffen around me. 

"I'm so sorry quierda," he sighed, hugging me tight. 

"I d-don't understand," I hiccuped. My chest hurt. My heart hurt. "He committed suicide."

"What?" Neymar asked, pulling away from me to look at my face. He had an expression of confusion and disbelief. 

"Yeah," I nodded, finally composing myself. I used my sleeves to wipe away the tears that hydrated my cheeks. That was probably the most skincare my face had gotten in a while.

"But he never showed any signs."

"I know. Maybe we just didn't notice. Or he was good at hiding it."

"Are you sure?"

"What other explanation could there be?"

"Well, did he leave a note or something?"

I nodded, crawling over to the drawer. I shuffled through and found the small envelope with tear stains that bled through the ink. 

"I haven't opened it," I whispered, allowing Neymar to guide me to the couch. I quickly snuggled into his side, craving his warmth. 

"Do you want to?"

I was silent. Do I really want to? It might give me answers. But was I ready to?

"You open it," I said, pushing the letter into his hands. Neymar's eyes widened, and he shook his head frantically. 

"What? No, no, no, this is your personal thing."

"Please. I want you to."

"Fine," he sighed, taking the letter. I watched as he carefully pried open the letter. He looked at me with hesitation and I nodded in encouragement. I watched intently as his eyes scanned the page. He kept his face expressionless as he read the letter. He had become significantly better at hiding his emotions, especially around me. His eyebrows furrowed the slightest bit as he finished reading. 

"I don't know," he finally spoke, looking at me. 

"What do you mean?"

"I just don't know. I don't know what to think or to say. I think you should read it."

I nodded, knowing that it was best. I reluctantly took the paper from him and began to read. 

 Dear Natalia, 

    I'm tired. I'm tired of being put down and shamed. I chose the path that I wanted. Just like you said. And for a while, I was contempt, I was happy. But now, I don't feel the same. My hear hurts. My soul hurts. I wish I could stop it. In my mind, I thought I forgave mom and dad, but now I'm realizing that I haven't. My mind is a mess and I don't know what I want. But I know I've had enough. I'm done with being put down and humiliated and treated like shit. Family is supposed to love you and care for you. But what we have, that isn't love. It isn't family. And I'm sick of it. But I'm writing this to tell you Natalia, my little sister, my angel, my best friend, that I love you. I love you so much and I'm going to miss you. I hope you don't hate me for this. 

Love, 

Elliot R. 

The paper tipped and blue ink spread in the corner of the page as my tears dripped onto the thin sheet. I closed my eyes and willed the tears to stop. I was done crying. 

"It's weird," I finally said, turning to look at Neymar. 

"Meaning?"

"It doesn't seem like him."

"How so?"

"Elliot was a type of person who always had his head on his shoulders. He was the rational one, always thinking everything through. He never let his emotions get the best of him. But here, it almost seems as though he's angry."

"Yeah I got that feeling too," Neymar nodded, taking the paper back. 

"His writing to look, he always crosses his Z's," I pointed. 

"And he never calls you angel right?"

"Yeah, you're right."

"So what could that mean?"

We both looked at each other, knowing exactly what this meant. 

Elliot didn't write the letter. Someone else did. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - 

Hey guys, sorry it's a short chapter but I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a comment and vote! Thank you!

Love

-M