Chapter 15

Natalia's POV

This whole week had been hectic as hell. I had been studying for my finals for uni and was so close to losing my mind. Finals had to be during the week the team was on the road. I had been on planes 3 out of the 7 days and the travel was definitely taking a toll. Coffee was my best friend and was quite frankly, keeping me alive. I hadn't even talked to Neymar in the past 2 days. He was busy with football matches and practice while I was busy cramming my brain.

The door slammed, making me jump in my seat. I turned to see Neymar. Soaking wet.

"What the hell happened this time? I asked, standing up.

"I hate practice."

"The boys finally got you back for your stupid pranks?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Call it what you want. I think it's bullyism."

I let out a laugh, walking over to him.

"That's not a word," I informed, smoothing his hair over his forehead.

"Whatever."

"OH MY GOD!" I shrieked as he glared at me. "You look like the 2013 version of yourself!"

"What?"

"When you had that hairstyle that was a mohawk with bangs! You looked like a parrot."

"Gosh I really hate you sometimes."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Neymar POV

I quickly got out of my sticky clothes and took a shower. I was feeling happier than usual despite the day I had. I was humming a soft tune as I walked into the kitchen to grab a snack. Biting into the apple I watched as Natalia sat at her desk, furiously scribbling in her notebook. Curious, I leaned over her shoulder to read.

"Stop doing that," she sighed, glaring up at me.

"Doing what?"

"Chewing in my ear!"

"Oh sorry. I wanted to see what you were doing."

"Psychology. Wanna join?" she asked, giving me a fake happy look. I gave her a bored stare before plopping on the couch. I think I'll pass on that.

The next day...

"Everyone on board?" Tuchel asked. A chorus of yes's came from us as we sat on the tour bus. We had a 7 hours drive to the meeting in Marseilles. Don't ask why we didn't fly. I don't know myself.

"Wait for me!" a voice called before Natalia came onto the bus. She was carrying her laptop bag and 2 textbooks. Making her way to the back where I was sitting, she nearly tripped when Kylian stuck his leg out.

"Cassé-toi," she glared as they laughed. With a huff, she took her seat beside me.

"Late start this morning?" I asked, taking her books. She shot me a grateful look before getting comfortable in her seat. I was glad she was sitting next to me. We hadn't spoken properly this whole week and it was starting to bug me. It wasn't normal for us.

"So tell me what you've been up to this week," I said, leaning my back against the window, facing her. Natalia smiled tiredly, rolling her eyes.

"You won't believe the week I've had," she began. I listened as she explained all the studying she had been doing. Occasionally I interrupted to ask her questions. After 4 hours I was bored. We had played I Spy, talked about everything and anything (including cloud formation), and played so many rounds of Uno I had forgotten which cards were which. I leaned my head on Talia's arms that rested in her lap. She let out a quiet laugh and moved her hands to play with my hair. I felt sleep over take me as her fingers massaged my hair.

"Shhh!"
"Click it!"
"Oh merde my storage is full."
"Ta gueule!"

I slowly blinked looking round. I sat up, squinting at the harsh light. The whole team was leaning over the seats staring at me.

"What the heck?"

"You guys look so cute!" Dani squealed, showing me his phone. A picture of Talia and I sleeping covered his screen. I rolled my eyes turning to look at Natalia who was waking up as well.

"What's happening?" She mumbled, rubbing here eyes. The boys snickered and hurried to get off the bus, leaving us behind.
"Okay then," I nodded, getting up to stretch. The drive had been so long, I couldn't feel my butt.

"I don't wanna get up," Natalia groaned, slouching off the seat onto the floor. Lazy much?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Natalia POV

I trudged after Neymar who was carrying my bags through the lobby to the hotel room. He dropped them in front of a room and opened it. I plopped onto the soft mattress, feeling the coolness of the sheets deep into my skin. He went to the room next door and put his bags in before coming back to mine.
"What are you doing?"
"Sleeping."
"No that's not allowed," he stated, coming around to the foot of my bed. I felt something warm touch my ankles and turned my head to see. Neymar had grabbed my ankles and was looking at me with a smirk on his face. Oh no, what is he up to now. Soon enough I had my answer.
"Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior!" I shrieked as he pulled at my legs. "How do you remember my whole name?" He asked as he successfully dragged me off the bed. I let out a yelp, thinking I would fall to the floor but his arms caught me before I tout he'd the floor.
"I'll catch you if I fall," Neymar winked making me roll my eyes.
"Callaté," I mumbled, shoving his chest. He walked backwards out the door saying, "come on, let's go explore." And with that, I made the choice to leave the comfy hotel room and explore the new city with Neymar. A choice that I did not regret.