Straight from the Horse's Mouth Pt. 11 (Chapter 38)

Start from the beginning

I sit there for about another ten minutes before laying down on the germ-infested bench and closing my eyes. I suddenly felt very drained and my eyelids were just too heavy to carry on.

.....

"Ari?"

Man, I must be really exhausted. That definitely sounded like someone just said my name. Let me find out it's one of those creep clowns that have been going around stalking about in the night. With the mood I'm in right now, I'm ready to fight.

"Arizona? Is that you?"

Ok, now I know I can't be dreaming and that can't be a killer clown that knows my name.

I sit up on the bench and open my eyes a tiny bit at a time just in case.

OH. FUCK. You've GOT to be shitting me.

It's worse than a killer clown.

It's Charlie.

"That is you!" He says excitedly.

"What the actual hell?! Charlie?!" I say not excited.

Charlie still looked exactly the same from the last time I saw him around Christmas time. Hair partly disheveled and partly neat and in place. Pools of mahogany brown eyes still just as captivating. Physique still just the way I admired and craved.

What the hell, Arizona. Get it together dude. 

Charlie walks a little closer to where I'm sitting, and I'm ready to bolt.

How do I slip away without him seeing me... even though he already saw me.

"This night just keeps getting better and better," I say angrily with a hint of sarcasm.

"Please don't leave! I heard someone yell, so I decided to come check it out. I can't believe it's you."

"Are you stalking me now?! Cheating on me wasn't enough so you had to follow me up here??"

"What? No, of course not! I miss you, but I don't miss you that bad."

"You miss me? You've got some nerve to be saying you miss me when you're the one who cheated."

"Look, I know I am. You don't have to remind me. I'm so sorry again for cheating on you. I knew exactly how you felt on the subject and yet I still did it. If I could go back and change things, you know I would. We were best friends before we were lovers, and I miss my best friend."

"What are you doing here Charlie?" I really wish I had a blunt right now. I need to be high for this conversation.

"You know my family has a house here too. Your parents are the ones who put them onto it, remember?"

Oh. Yeah. I forgot about that. I also forgot that his family comes here during the summer as well, but what are the cosmic odds that he would be here the same time I am?

"What are you doing in the park this late at night?"

"I could ask you the same thing, you know," he says grinning.

"Don't look at me like that Charlie. This isn't a joke. I'm being serious, now answer the question."

"Sheesh. Time apart must've given you a different outlook on life. You're different. I like it though. I had some things on my mind, and I came here for a walk. I guess great minds think alike. I can tell you have something on your mind. Do you want to talk about it?"

Is this guy serious?

"Are you fucking serious? No, Charlie. I don't want to talk out my problems with my ex-boyfriend."