"How old is the baby?"

"A few months."

"Okay, what drove you to the drugs?"

"I guess stress from work and then trying to get Yn pregnant but with her not being able to get pregnant right now, I don't know." Chris shrugged.

"You done lying? Because I know you don't think imma let that fly."

Chris blew out a long deep breath. "I do drugs because it makes me feel good. You know, I don't get wild and crazy like I do when I'm drunk. I just sleep all day, I get high and it feels good. I know it's bad and that it ruins my life. But I've gotten so deep in it, I just- it's hard to stop. I've done some bad things behind doing drugs. Some stuff that I probably would never be forgiven for."

Dr. Daniels wrote more notes before looking back up at Chris.

"Do you really love Yn?"

"Yes, pop! Yes! I wouldn't be the man I am without her. I mean, she's loyal, she's so sweet, kind. Gentle. Loving. She's patient. She's hardworking. Never has cheated, well she cheated once. But i forgave her. But she's never ever cheated again after that, she's never lied. She's always been there for me through everything. She has her ways, her flaws. But her good outweighs all of that. I fucked up, and I'm ready to fix it."

****
"Yn, you've been in here for 10 minutes. Say something." Dr. Daniels pushed.

Yn, wipes her tears with her tissue and took a breath.

"I don't know what to say." She shrugged.

"You have a lot to say. You just don't know what to say first." Dr. Daniels said.

"I was his girlfriend for 6 years, been married for 10. I gave this man 16 years of my whole life. 16 years of cheating, lying. Manipulation..." she paused to let out some sobs. "Drugs. A baby? I want a divorce. I'm at my end." She said.

"You don't want a divorce-"

"Yes I do. How much more do I have to take?" She said.

Dr. Daniels took a breath before writing in his notes.

"Okay, Chris mentioned that you cheated once."

"Yeah. I was 22. I had been befriending a guy at the bookstore I used to work at, he was a regular customer. He seemed to have had all the things I was looking for in Chris. Sensitivity..." I trailed.

"We both know Chris ain't got that." Dr. Daniels joked.

Yn laughed a little and sniffled playing with her tissue. "And really listening to me. He was so easy to talk to. He listened to understand and not respond. He never, not once, asked me for anything. One night, I was closing the bookstore and it was pretty late. Chris was supposed to come get me from work but...he ended up falling asleep and wouldn't answer the phone. I decided to just walk to the nearest bus stop but  was raining pretty bad. The guy lived a few blocks up from the store, it just so happened that he was leaving the gas station. He offered me a ride home. But...I had left my phone back at the bookstore so he came inside with me to make sure i was okay. One thing led to the other and that was that." She said looking up at Dr. Daniels. "That was the only time. I felt so bad, I told Chris immediately after it happened. I never spoke to the guy again, I even quit the job at the bookstore so that I could earn Chris' trust back. It took a minute but I did it. And now i see why he cheats the way he does. Because he's trying to get back at me." Yn said.