S

Long, long ago, in a far away land, this story takes place
🔅

"Centuries before, there were two kingdoms, ruled by two kings. They were worthy kings at that, very strict and leading, however trying to help their kingdoms as best as they can. Those kingdoms were called Yisernus and Zeeta.

One lived on land. One lived on sea. The two kingdoms beautifully supported each other, the two kings ruling over land and sea. Everything was perfect. Life, was perfect.

That was all until the king of Yisernus, King Chul, wanted the power to himself. He didn't want to rule alongside someone else. He wanted all the power. So one day, he gathered his army and when Zeeta were at its calm, they attacked.

Although they had the element of surprise to their advantage, Yisernus also had a lot more soldiers, as they were the kingdom trained to fight. After a long, hard battle, many lives lost, the king of Zeeta, King Insu, surrender.

Now that King Chul felt he had all the power, he took the powerful trident, the most sacred weapon in Zeeta, and shattered it, the Lapis jewel in the centre being scattered everywhere. "Begone." He boomed, his voice shaking the ground and causing ripples in the sea.

"Begone, people of Zeeta! Banish to the bottom of the sea and never return!" King Chul pointed his weapon to his crown and tapped it, the emerald jewels on both his crown and sword glowing. After that, the whole city of Zeeta crumbled. All the people who lived there were dragged under the sea, never to be seen again.

King Chul had a festival, to celebrate the new and everlasting power, all to himself. They danced, they sung, they cheered and they jived. This festival was passed on after generations, slowly becoming the Yisernus Independence Day. No one believed that the story was true, and believed it to be a fiction story made to make the festival more fun for kids.

Mermaids were never spoken of again. Only when the festival is mentioned. But I believe. I believe that there is a city named Zeeta under the ocean. Filled with a bunch of merpeople and beautiful sea creatures. No matter if people say it's a myth, I refuse to believe! Zeeta is real and it's a beautiful city to a beautiful species."

"Mingi, stop telling the kids these fantasy stories of yours." A short but important man walked through the door, his dark blue hair messy as if his fingers were ruffled in them. He stood there proudly, a crown placed atop his head. He was adorned in a navy blue suit which complimented his hair, along with a black bow tie. Very well dressed up.

All the kids whined, however as they turned to see who interrupted their story time, they gasped in awe. "Prince Hongjoong! Prince Hongjoong!" They chanted, running away from their spot on the carpet and ran to the prince. The started rambling out questions such as, "How are you, Prince?" And "Can't you wait to be king?" Hongjoong chuckled and pushed himself through the tiny crowd of toddlers. Mingi pouted at him.

"It's not fantasy stories... They're real! Zeeta is real!" Mingi defended. Hongjoong just ruffled his blue hair and absentmindedly fiddled with the artificial braids hanging down. "Min, if there really was a city down below, don't you think we would have found it already?" Hongjoong made a good point. Sailors had traveled all across the sea, having yet to find any evidence of merpeople or another city anywhere. For now, Zeeta was just an old folks tale, a tale to get kids excited about the independence festival, as they probably wouldn't know what that means.

Mingi sighed and stood up, Hongjoong's hand falling out of his hair. Mingi had already been in uniform. His official kingdom guard attire consisted of a brown and dark green jacket, along with a white button-up shirt and black trousers. To top it off, a glimmering green badge attached to the jacket, the Yisernus crest on it. Green being the country's official colour, as it was on the crown and on the sacred sword.