"You probably just asked him at the wrong time. He was dealing with a lot, which, I'm sure he'll tell you later," I said, trying the comforting approach.

"I don't know where he is... I would try again with a different approach... but I can't do that if he's not here." Xisuma turned into the wall, covering his face. I drew my arm back, awkwardly sitting there with my legs crossed and arms wrapped around myself.

Quiet footsteps sounded in the hall, approaching the door. The figure stepped in the doorway.

His eyes were still red, but it was less noticeable. His hair was tied in a sloppy ponytail that fell over his shoulder. EX had a helmet clipped to his belt, pushed farther back so it wouldn't get in the way. I expected it to look like Xisuma's, but it had more gas-mask characteristics and was darker in general.

He froze as his eyes locked onto mine.

"Ezra, how nice of you to join us," I said, gesturing for him to come closer. "Just in time." He took a deep breath...

And bolted away.

I groaned and clenched my fists together as the sound of his footsteps receded. I stood and sprinted towards the door, looking over my shoulder.

"Come on, this is our only chance to do this. He seemed ready to talk, we have to catch him." I said, turning the hall and running to where EX had. The hidden doorway just closed. Xisuma burst out the room, haphazardly shoving his helmet on his head.

I smashed the button on the wall with a fist, quickly dashing as the door opened.

"Zachariah!" I yelled. He looked over his shoulder before spreading pure white wings and flying away. I spread my wings and flew after him. Looking over my shoulder, Xisuma fumbled with his rockets before finally getting off the ground.

My eyes followed EX as he maneuvered through the air. He, however, was in the wrong domain, for the skies were my strength. I quickly caught up to him, sensing his panic as I came closer. His flying got sloppier and slower as the gap between us closed.

I tackled him mid-air. He struggled as we both started falling to the ground, where a few other Hermits saw us. I grunted as I hooked my arms under his, spreading my wings and straining as the wind pushed against them.

We landed on the floor, rolling to absorb the impact. Xisuma landed behind us, hugging himself as if he were bracing for something bad to happen. I instantly got to my feet from the roll with one smooth movement. Both of us subconsciously hid our wings away. A few Hermits stood around. Some left, but others stayed to see what was going on. They stood farther back, almost as if they were trying to hide.

"Holy cow, you are actually a moody teenager with mood swings that shakes the Earth, aren't you?" I asked, rubbing my shoulder and dusting the dirt off.

"Excuse me, what?" EX grumbled, glaring up at me. Purple flashes of magic sparked around him.

"I don't understand you at all though we were roommates and stuck with each other for years on end, no pun intended. You visited Xisuma, risking your chance of learning magic. Xisuma also said that you forgave him! Make up your mind, for crying out loud."

"How do you kno-" He stopped himself and shook his head, knowing that I probably didn't have an answer. Which, for the record, I don't. "I did forgive him, but Xisuma, of course, had to try to talk to me at the worst possible moment," Ezra said in a dry voice. "And don't say you didn't know, I know that," he added as Xisuma opened his mouth.

"EX, I'm sorry, but that was ages ago-" Xisuma said before he was interrupted by his brother.

"You think you can just ignore the past like it never happened," EX snapped.

"You guys have to know, not everyone's past is sunshine and flowers," I said, stepping between the brothers.

"But-" Xisuma said.

"But you do have to know that people can change. Change is possible," I continued.

"That still doesn't change the fact that Xisuma almost got me killed back when we were ten," EX said, glaring daggers into the admin. Xisuma shrunk back, suddenly finding his shoes interesting.

"It doesn't. But that shouldn't mean you should never forgive him. He's changed, obviously. Listen, you two. There's a reason it's called the past. It's done. It's over with. Nothing can change it," I continued.

EX exhaled in annoyance, crossing his arms. He glanced towards Xisuma, a conflicted look in his eyes.

"... still doesn't change it, but fine," He turned towards me. "You've won this time, Grain."

"Are you seriously going back to that?" EX only smirked. "Alright then, mister Relationship Problems." His expression instantly dropped to nothing. The Hermits watched me smugly smile with flabbergasted expressions.

No one dared to make fun of Evil Xisuma, apparently.

I'm a special case. What can he do, ban me?

"Oh dude," Ren snickered before he could stop himself. He covered his mouth as an attempt to muffle the laughs, but his shoulders were shaking uncontrollably.

"Now," I started again with an amused smile, waving both of my hands towards the brothers. "Make it up, be happy for once." I stepped behind Xisuma and nudged him forwards. The admin stumbled towards his brother who glared at me.

"Are you saying I'm not happy?" EX put an offended hand to his chest. With a grin that reached my eyes, I nodded and stepped away.

"Yes, you always act like a moody teenager with no one around." I spread my wings and flew away before he could attack me.

I waved towards the Hermits that passed me as I aimlessly flew around, trying to find my destination.

Now that the personal issue was fixed, done, and dusted, onto the next task, the situational issue.

Where is False's base again?