PROLOGUE

FAKE ME A MATCH

by Scotti Parks and Ashley McNally

~

"Mi!"

I look up from homework to see Lauryn, a smile plastered to her heart-shaped face. What could she possibly want at a time like this?

She sits down next to me, flinging her long blonde hair off her shoulder. "So, you know Logan Michaels, right?"

Logan? Of course I knew him. I've known him since first grade. Not to mention I've had a crush on the guy since practically the beginning of time. It's not like it matters, though. The only thing he seems to notice me for is to help with his Chemistry homework. But why did Lauryn care?

"Yeah, I know him. Why?"

"Well.. I kinda like him. A lot. And I think he likes me too, I just -- I don't know how to get him, you know?"

My eyes were wide, and I'm sure my jaw was touching the floor. Lauryn was pretty -- stunning, actually. She has long blonde hair that pours down her back, freckles that scatter her face like constilations, and soft pink lips that resembled rose buds. She's had every guy practically falling at her feet, and if she wants something (or in her case, someone), she would do whatever it takes to get it.

"Mia, close your mouth. You're gonna catch flies," She says, giving me a concerned look. I watch her look over her shoulder, her sky blue eyes darting all over the place in search of Jace. "So will you help me out?"

"Uh, sure."

Lamest response ever, I know. But what else was I gonna say? Sorry, but I've liked him for the past two years. I'm the one he's supposed to want -- not you. Of course, I couldn't say any of that to her face, so I had gone with the easy way out. Just agree and go along with it. It's not like I ever had a chance with Logan anyway.

"Oh, Mia, you're the best." She gets up and hugs me tightly, so tight my eyes feel like they'll pop out of their sockets. With that, she walks away, her six-inch heels hitting the tile floors with a clack.

And that's how I became Lauryn's cupid.

Fake Me a Match [On Hold/Possibly Discontinued]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara