Season 2 - Inside Hawkins Lab

Start from the beginning

I shifted uncomfortably as a man with a briefcase stared at Jonathan, Nancy and I as he walked around the pavilion, and a bad feeling settled in my stomach. I glanced at the two beside me, and they looked equally as creeped out as I assumed I did.

"Not to be that person, or anything," I said softly. "But-"

"I think we should go," Nancy said, finishing my sentence.

"Yeah," Jonathan agreed. We all stood up and began to quickly walk back to the car, keeping our heads down. I felt like I would throw up when I realized that the man with the briefcase was walking behind us, matching our pace.

I practically ran the last few steps to the car and my eyes widened when Jonathan put the key in but it didn't start. He twisted it multiple times, but his car just kept making an awful groaning noise and stalling.

"Holy shit," I said under my breath, my heart beating in my throat. I clutched the back of Jonathan's seat and then practically jumped out of my skin when there was a knocking on Nancy's window.

I whipped my head to see a man bent down, peering at the three of us with a friendly smile, but it seemed fake.

"Trouble with your car, Miss?" He said to Nancy. "I can give you three a lift, if you like."

Nancy's eyes darted between Jonathan and I wildly, and I gasped lightly when the man with the briefcase from earlier stood on the other side of the car, staring blankly. Then the man walking his dog slowly made his way to the front.

"Guys," I said, my stomach doing flips. Then we all turned to the back of the car and, to none of our surprise, there was a woman standing there with an almost bored expression on her features.

We were trapped.

The man knocked on Nancy's window again, his smile bigger. "You sure you don't need that ride?"

I shook my head and laughed - a laugh that was broken and scared and sarcastic. However, when my voice spoke, it trembled. "I don't really think we have a choice."
~~~
When the black car pulled up to Hawkins Lab, I was less than surprised. I was scared, sure, but not surprised. They lead us into the building, up a few floors, and then into an all white room with nothing in it save for a table, three chairs and a security camera.

We sat in silence, staring at each other, but not saying anything. We knew it was best not to. Jonathan and I sat on one side of the table with Nancy across from us, her bag placed on the surface. I reached across and fiddled with the strap for something to do.

An hour passed, and still, we sat in the room. Nancy shifted in her seat and then turned to look up at the camera that sat in the corner behind her. She huffed before standing up and walking up to it.

"Hey!" She yelled at it, frustrated. These people, the ones holding us, knew who we were. They knew that we were involved with everything that happened last year, and yet they still held us like we were hostages. "Hey, assholes! Let us out of here!"

Just as she was about to say something else, the door opened and a man in a white coat entered.

"Hello," he said as Jonathan and I stood from our seats. The tag on his coat read 'Dr. Owens'. "Oh, not very pleasant in here, is it? Sorry about that, hospitality's not our strong suit. You know, scientists and all."

I stared at him with my lips in a tight seal with my arms crossed over my chest. I already didn't like this guy.

"Yeah, okay," Owens said, checking his watch after observing all of our unimpressed faces. "You up for a little walk?"

He turned and then walked to the open door, leaving us with time to look at each other.

"I'm assuming you're behind me," Owens said as he reached the hall. We followed after him, curious as to what he would say next.