"Sound peachy, boss lady—my bad!" he laughed at her when she gave him a face. "Ima need my hair done, I ain't had a retwist in a month damn near. You not coming to New York wit me?" he asked.

"I can get you an appointment somewhere, lazy. You need to have some kinda schedule for all this hair you have. When I used to do my cousins locs we was on it, every three weeks. But no, it's a charity event, I don't really need to be there,"

"You do hair?! Do mine then man! What I need an appointment fa' if my PA, agent extraordinaire can do it? But I mean, ain't it gonna be a whole bunch of different people there you could network wit? Wasn't you telling me I need a family friendly ass endorsement?"

She thought for a second and gasped. "You're right! Children's is definitely gonna be there! Ugh you're so smart today. And no, I'm not doing your hair," she shook her head.

"I'm smart every day, fuck you mean," he laughed. "Come on, Yanni! Just one time for the one time, we too short on time to be making me appointments and shit, just do it fa' me!" he sighed exasperatedly.

"Amere, you can't just ask me to do your hair two days before an event! You need a lineup and—"

"You could line me up?! I lucked up," he laughed, clapping his hands. "Come on, Yanni, just one time," he pleaded. 

"Oh my Lord! Amere fine," she groaned, knowing he wouldn't leave her alone if she kept telling him no. "I'll be back over tomorrow after the renegotiation meeting, don't forget or I'm leaving. Your hair better be washed and conditioned when I get here," she pointed, shutting her laptop.

"Okay, mean ass girl. You so damn mean to me, we posed to be homies, love" he got up to walk her out.

"Says who?" she raised her eyebrows. She fought the urge to laugh when his face dropped. "I'm kidding! Look at your face, you was bout to be sick," she laughed. "I'll see you tomorrow, Boudreaux, behave," she called, walking toward her car.

The next morning, she woke up at the crack of dawn, 5:35 to get ready for Amere's contract renegotiation

The next morning, she woke up at the crack of dawn, 5:35 to get ready for Amere's contract renegotiation. She had to be at the office by 6:45, and she refused to be late. This was one of the most important meetings they'd have in a long time.

After showering and completely wetting her head full of thick hair, she managed to slick it back into a perfectly shiny bun at the base of her scalp. She did a very minimal beat on her face, choosing a more natural look.

She got dressed and slipped her heels on, looking in the mirror, taking a deep breath. "Okay, E'ani. You got it, you're gonna walk out of that meeting with at least 2.5 mil on the table. He deserves that. You deserve that," she pointed at herself. "You are leaving with more than you walked in with," she assured herself, turning on her heel and strutting out of her front door.