Everyone's Waiting

honest // the neighbourhood

I hope you find a way to be yourself someday,

In weakness or in strength, Change can be amazing.

I wish you could be honest, I wish you could be honest with me.

~

"Now when I said to make yourself at home, I didn't mean for you to barge into our house and molest the fridge. He doesn't know you like that." I joke at the end, making Ryder smile his insanely adorable grin before sipping his apple juice. The juice was for the kid I am going to babysit tomorrow, but I'm sure she won't mind that one missing.

"I'm sorry." He pouts his bottom lip and jumps off the counter. I take a banana and peel it as I watch him move. "It was really nice of your dad to let me in earlier today."

"Yeah, well, my dad doesn't speak for me." I retort, shoving the banana into my mouth. He chuckles, half way looking at me, halfway at the floor. I don't care if it looks sexual or whatever, I'm hungry and this is my breakfast.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll warm up to me quickly." He squeezes my cheek like I'm a child. Oh if only he knew that I know his and my parent's plans. "Besides, today - it'll be special.

"Sure." I roll my eyes. It is true, that it will be special for me, but I don't know exactly why for him. "I actually don't even see the pleasure of taking me to the fair I was already planning on going to if we aren't even, what's the word for it, friends?"

"Ah, that is the catch." He gives me the credit, swinging his empty bottle in a form of cheers for me. I grimace, seeing how he drank that like it was water. "But I assure you, I came to be your guidance on how to have fun, meaning you won't regret it."

I hum in response, instantly moving away once he gets up for the recycling bin that coincidentally was next to me. I land on the stool at the island, examining Ryder. He's shorter than DI, telling from where his butt reaches the stove top. I'm not even ashamed.

"Well, please, do tell me when you are ready to leave, Lori. We have a two hour car ride."

"Don't remind me." I smirk when seeing his shocked expression. I won't lie and say I haven't been particularly mean to him, but it is my way of getting used to him being around again. Besides, maybe this time it is different. He said he won't be leaving again.

"Okay, I think I'm ready." I say busily, patting my pockets for my phone. He chuckles. Man, it's like he gets a kick out of me at everything I do this morning.

"That was more of a question then a statement." He himself states, mocking my half heart attack. It wouldn't be funny if I was having one right now.

"Oh, shut it, Mr.I'm-perfect-at-everything."

"You think I'm perfect at everything?" His eyebrows raise, obviously beaming about it. I roll my eyes, pulling him by his sleeve to his car. As much as I hate to admit it, I love his car. It's freaking awesome. I guess he had enough money from his parent's passing that he could splurge on such an amazing vehicle.

So when the engine is turned on, my stomach is sent with packs of butterflies and a smile appears on my face like a kid on Christmas. Wow. I'm not the biggest fan of cars but the way it roars and hums is spectacular. But enough about the car.

"You know, I always dreamed of driving you in a car like this." His voice strains as he turns to pull out of the driveway. I look over to him, and he takes a glance at me, his smile never failing. "And I know you won't believe what I'm about to say, but I still have feelings for you. You're still the fourteen year old girl obsessed with The Killers in my head. "