CHAPTER 8

"What is going on babe?" Bruce asked worried. It showed on his face he was concerned and it touched her deep in her heart. But she couldn't tell him the truth. No she couldn't do this to him. She couldn't ignore reality and  endanger him by bringing him into her dangerous world.

           They were in the sanctuary of his home. She was sure they hadn't been followed cause she had lost them.

     "Nothing really Bruce. I'm fine now."

     "It can't be nothing babe. You were being chased I'm sure. Clearly you were in danger for you to be running the way you did."

      "I said I'm fine." He wasn't convinced one bit.

      "You clearly aren't alright babe. You were being chases by God knows who and I'm sure it's something serious. You know you can talk to me right?" He was sure something is up.

   "Stop insisting Bruce. I'm tired." She started to leave but he blocked her path.

     "You are avoiding the question babe. What the hell is going on that you can't tell me? I have the right to know for God's sake you are my girlfriend"

      She made her way to one of his sofas and sat down. She was tired.

        "I'm not your girlfriend Bruce. We are in a strictly sexual relationship. Nothing more." She told him.

         "That's not true babe. It's more than sex and you know it."

        "I know no such thing. I don't want you getting the wrong idea."

      He was angry now. He didn't know what had gotten into her that she was going to deny that for the past six months they hadn't built something. He certainly wasn't going to let her make it look meaningless.

       "What do you mean by that?" He was trying not to lose it.

       "Exactly what it means."

       "So--- so you are telling me that for the past six months you've been with just because of sex. That all we shared together means nothing to you. That you don't love me?" He was trying to be calm here.

        "Yes Bruce. This thing between us is pure lust and nothing more. Don't mix the two up. I definitely have no feelings for you so I hope you get that idea out of your head." She was hurting. This was harder than than she thought it was.

        "Why are you lying?"

        "I'm not."

        "You are and you know it"

         "Look. I'm tired and need some rest. The last.thing I need is arguing with you. If you can't let this matter be then I'll be on my way." She woke up to leave.

         "Wait." He said and she stopped.

         " Don't go. You can rest here."

          "Thanks." She left him in the living room.

         She was lying and he knew it. She knew it too. He couldn't understand why she was behaving like this suddenly and he was going to make sure he found out. But for now he was going to let the matter die down. He didn't want to push her a lot.

             💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

      Yvonne placed the phone back after Janice hung up. She was with Richard in his living room when Janice called to tell them about what happened.

        "The enemy knows of her whereabouts Richie, that's not good for her. I'm worried."

        "I know babe but Janice is a smart girl. She can handle herself." He reassured her "Besides, it took them this long to discover her whereabouts so that means they aren't that good at tracking. So it should be easier to deal with them."

       But Yvonne couldn't stop herself from worrying. It scared her to know her friend was out there exposed to danger and she could do nothing to help. She felt so useless right now.
      She couldn't stop the tears from falling. It was too much for her to handle.

       "Hey babe don't cry" Richard took her in his arms and wiped the tears that fell off. "She's gonna be alright okay? I promise you"

       "I can't help it Richie. I can't----" her voice broke as the sobbing increased. The pain and worry clear in her eyes and the way her voice broke. It broke his heart to see her like this.

      "Shhhh. Not a word again." tilting her face up to face his, he kissed her soft and tender. He wanted to take away the pain. He wanted her to forget. But what she needed was some sleep now. As he deepened the kiss, he carried her to his room and laid her down on the bed.

          He kissed her on her nose after tucking her in bed.

       "You look pale babe. You go to sleep now ok. I promise tomorrow will be better."

       "Thank you Richie. I love you."

        " I love you too babe. Now sleep. I won't go till you fall asleep."

        It didn't take long for her to drift into a peaceful sleep. She deserved it. As she slept, he thought of the engagement ring he had bought a week ago. This was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with and no one could tell him otherwise.

      His love for her ran deep and what made him so happy was that he knew she felt the same way. Their kick off hadn't been the best but after spending time together under one roof, they had gotten to love each other. Tomorrow morning he was going to propose. He couldn't wait any longer.

     The next morning Yvonne opened her eyes and saw Richard sitting beside her with a breakfast tray and a single white rose beside her cup of tea.

        "For you babe." He placed the tray on her lap and she didn't waste time she was really hungry. He watched her down everything and smiled after she was done.

      "Thanks Richie." He took the empty tray and kept it on the bed side table then took her hands in his and stared at her.

      "Are you okay?" She asked. "Why are staring at me like that?"

       "I love you babe."

       "I know that and I love you too."

       "Let me finish."

       "Ok."

       He took a long breath then continued " I love you and I need you in my life. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I want to be the best for you and our future kids. So Yvonne would you be my wife?"

      She was already a crying mess before he finished.

      "Ohh yes I will Richie. I will with all my heart." She leaned forward and kissed him pouring all her love into it.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE 😉😘