CHAPTER 7

"You eat it"

    "No you eat it!"

    "OK then no one gets it."   Bruce put the rest of the ice cream aside.

    "Better. I'm way to full to take anything again no matter how delicious it is" Janice said leaning onto his chest with her back backing him. They were on his couch at his place just netflixing and chilling.

    "Oh really. What about this?" He kissed the nape of her neck and he felt her shiver.

     "Now that is a different issue." She smiled. "In fact I think we should get down to serious things now."

     "Hmmmm really" he liked this woman. She was so refreshing. "Then let's not keep you waiting." He said turning her around and kissing her.

      "Exactly." She deepened the kiss as he carried her to his room and laid her on the king sized bed.

           This was purely sexual she reminded herself. Or was it? She was begging to get attached to this guy. She started thinking of all the reasons why she couldn't get attached but she pushed that aside and focused on the tide growing in her lower belly as they lost more clothes and craved more skin contact.

       Soon she couldn't think anymore. He was able to clear her mind and fill it with only thoughts of him and what he was doing to her.

             💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

          The next morning Bruce woke up with a satisfactory smile on his lips.  Yeah she made him feel that way and he loved it. She was still fast at sleep and he just watched her. Seeing how peaceful she was when sleeping made him happy cause it meant she was satisfied too.

       His phone started ringing and he answered quickly without knowing who was calling so as not to wake her up.

     "Who's this?"

     "Hey man. Is that anyway to greet ur Buddy?"

     "Sorry man. Didn't check the caller ID. So what's up?"

      "I just got a call from the office saying there was a problem with the contract we prepared for one of the special clients and they needed us to sort it out before they can finalize everything. I'm on my way to your place now."

      "Wait. What?" He was fully awake now.

      "I said I'm on my way to your place now. And also make some breakfast man. I'm starving."

       "Now?"

       "Yeah. That's what I just said. You okay bro?" Alex asked confused.

        "Yeah yeah. Ok. Waiting." He dropped the call and put on some clothes. The last thing he needed now was having Alex waking Eva up. He hadn't told him about her yet. But he was going to tell him sooner.

        He made breakfast for three cause he knew Alex was going to raid his house when he arrived. Toasted bread with jam and a glass of milk will do. He made a tray for Eva and placed it on the side cupboard when she wakes up then went down to fix some for Alex and himself.

           The doorbell rang and he knew it was Alex.

       "Hey man." He said opening the door for Alex to come in.

       "Damn I'm famished." Alex went straight to the kitchen as he knew he will.

     He was already eating from one the  plates he fixed when he came joined him.

        Janice woke up when she didn't find Bruce in the bed with her. Where was he? She thought. Then she saw the tray of food on the bedside cupboard and smiled. He was something else.

       "What exactly is wrong with the contract?"

        "Chill man. Let me eat first. And while we are at it let's talk about you" . Bruce raised his eyebrows, confused.

      "What about me?"

      "Your eyes, your mood. You've changed bro. And I love the change." Alex said tapping him on his back.

       "So tell me. Who's the lady?" Alex wiggled his eyebrows. Excited for his friend.

       "Eva and you don't know her. I meet her at the bar the day we were celebrating the contract."

       "Ohhhh. No wonder we couldn't see you. You abandoned us for a woman."

      "Keep your voice down man." He was going to wake her up.

      "Why--- ohh" Alex understood "She's here?" He whispered asked.

     "Yeah."

     "You my friend have a lot of explaining to do."

             💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

              Janice couldn't deny her feelings anymore. As she walked down the busy streets of California at night all dressed up to fight away the chill from the cold and in her bones,  she realised she couldn't deny it anymore. She was getting more attached to him and slowly forgetting the thing between them had to strictly be for fun.

      She had bitten more than she could chew. Had bargained for something far more bigger  than she could handle. She thought she was able to control and put her feelings in check. Have fun and then disappear when things became to heated. As simple as that. But she was wrong and Bruce had proven to her no one could persuade the heart once it was set on something.

       Two men watched her as she crossed the road and continued her walk. They had been stalking her from the moment she left the bar she had gone to. Catching hadn't been an easy task for them. She was more sneaky than a mouse. It just to happened that they had been drinking at an outdoor bar close by when they saw her leave and hadn't lost sight of her since.  They had failed to get her the last time their boss assigned them to in Las Vegas and they were lucky he had spared their lives and given them a second chance when they found out she was here in California.

        They followed her but did their best to not get caught like the last time.  For some unknown reason she started running and they knew they were surely busted. Shit! Here they go again. They couldn't lose her this time if not they were done for.

      Stupid. This is what she got for putting her guard down. If she needed any reminder that she couldn't fall for him or anyone else, today had done the trick.

      Bruce saw Eva running hard and fast as he drove by and wondered what was wrong.  He was on his way to see Alex and the other guys but his instincts told him she was in trouble and he drove up to her.

       "Get in." He opened the passenger door for her and he drove off to his place as she got in.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE😘😉