The first few responses she received to the ads were a little disturbing and that was only in the first week of the ad being posted online. As the second week came to a close she managed to narrow it down to a select few candidates who seemed the most ordinary and would accept her privacy. The first candidate she accepted into her home to talk over a potential shared living situation was a middle aged woman. That seemed to be the first red flag but she brushed it aside remembering that not everyone is as fortunate as she. But when Leigh noticed the gold wedding band wrapped around her finger that she conveniently had slipped into her pocket throughout the tour it was clear something was up. Also not forgetting to mention there was a small digital camera slipped inside her cardigan pocket. She was trained to look for such things and if there was one thing she could thank her mother for, that was it. As it turned out, the woman definitely wasn't looking for a place to live, in fact Leigh knew she recognised her from somewhere- she was a member of the paparazzi who had been following her around and when she asked to use the bathroom, she was taking a video recording of the entire apartment, including what was in each of Leigh's drawers and closets.

Strangely enough, the paparazzi was the least creepy candidate she had received. Another crazed fan had posed as a woman in need of an apartment and when Leigh excused herself to take a phone call from Donne Farm, the woman had slipped two shirts over her head and concealed a pair of trainers inside of a thick coat the she had brought with her. It was only when one of the shoes fell from the coat and collided with the wooden floor that she realised finding a roommate was going to be a lot harder than she anticipated. Ideally the best candidate would be someone who knew nothing of her fame and influence, but that was rare to find even in the small town of Oak View when she was always a hot topic.

"Come in," Leigh said as she stepped to the side. "Have a seat."

"This is a really nice place," Ali said as she glanced around the living room but didn't move from where she stood. Leigh took that as a sign of respect and mentally took note of that positive mark toward her name.

"I've got a few questions for you, if you don't mind answering them honestly. I'd really appreciate it." Ali nodded and the interview began. "Where do you live, currently."

"I went to college in New York so I was living there but I'm originally from Charlotte. I intended to move back in with my mom but she's moving to Europe with her new boyfriend so I thought I'd move closer to my grandparents here in Oak View. They don't have a lot of room at their house, my grandpa is in a wheelchair so they need the room. So I guess in other words I'm homeless at the moment," she said with an embarrassed chuckle. She was surprised that Ali had given so much information when she was only asked a small question but was thankful for the easy flowing conversation.

"That sounds hard, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, really. He's doing just fine." As if a sudden realisation hit Leigh realised where the familiar surname Ali carried came from.

"Your grandparents aren't Mr and Mrs Cooper are they? Pete and Doris?"

"You know them?"A small, warming smile spread across Ali's lips.

"Not well, but they're lovely. Your grandma gave me a ride home from the store a couple weeks ago. So next question, the rent isn't cheap.You've seen the ad. Do you think you can cover a third?"

"A third?"

Leigh didn't answer the question straight away feeling that it would make more sense to show her the apartment before explaining why the rent would only be a third of the total. "I'll show you around." She led her down the corridor. first to the bedrooms. "It's a three bedroom apartment, of course I have one and you'll have the other. The third is my music room. I obviously wouldn't want you to pay for half of that, if you get what I mean. So your rent would just be a third of the price."